Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My weekend

Sunday was the baptism and party. It went perfectly. Lauren didn't nap in the morning and was well on her way to being a real crankpot, but she fell asleep in the car on the way to the church and slept for about 20 minutes, which was just enough to stave off the crankies.

She didn't cry at all, even when the water was poured on her head. Some got in her eye and she just rubbed it out. She was great.

I had mentioned that I expected 25-30 people for the lunch. We ended up with 44! It would have been 47 except that 3 people called the morning of to say they were sick and couldn't come. I was amazed. People actually came.

The restaurant was wonderful. We had a private room with a fireplace, and everything was beautiful. Lauren ate carrots and sampled some cream of chicken soup before conking out on my mother in law. My parents and a few other people came back to our house afterward for coffee. All in all, it was a good day.

Here she is in her dress. My grandmother gave me this dress when I was baptized, and now Lauren has worn it too. She looks a bit like little bo peep.



In other news, I have a sore throat and a touch of the chills. What's up with that? I just had a cold last week.

6 comments:

Breezy said...

She's a beautiful little doll.

momma said...

So gorgeous!!!

Glad the baptism and lunch went well.

kim (weltek) said...

What a good little trooper! That was a good turnout. You'll have to tell her how popular she is.

Puffy said...

She's so precious, I just want to cry. Adorable!!!! I'm happy for you that the day went well.

Puffy said...

It's me again. I clicked on Lauren's photo and it got really big on my monitor. She takes great pictures. The dress is amazing; it's gorgeous.

Schnookie said...

She is so precious! How wonderful to be able to pass down the baptism dress.