Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Yay

I love online shopping.

Mr. Fro was sick last weekend. We had planned to go out shopping for an area rug for the living room, but since he was sick we didn't get to do it. We are hosting Christmas Eve this year and were hoping to have a rug in the living room by then, because the tree is in there and the gift-opening will be in there, and sitting on the oak floor is not all that comfortable.

I was sort of dreading rug shopping with Mr. Fro since I usually have no patience for shopping with him for anything where we have to agree on little tiny details. He's too slow. I'm not sure how to describe how he shops except to say that when he's buying pants, he will grab the same size pair of pants in 5 different colors, and go to the dressing room and try each pair on. Same pants. Same size. He thinks the different colors fit differently. I can't stand it.

Anyway.

I suggested that we look at Overstock.com for rugs, so Sunday we brought up the website on the big TV and comparison shopped from the couch. It was actually kind of fun. We actually agreed on one fairly easily and ordered it. It's going to be here today! Hooray!

Also! To those of you who suggested I get a dog to take care of the crumbs on the floor - believe me, if I could have a dog I would already have one. Probably two. I LOVE dogs. However, I'm allergic to them. When I was 5 my parents got me a dog for my birthday, and I had such a bad reaction to him that they had to take him back. I cried and cried. And cried and cried. We got another dog when I was 14 and I was allergic to her, too, but I wanted so badly to keep her that I hid the fact that I couldn't breathe from my parents. I used to sneak out of bed at night and sleep in the bathtub because it was the only place that didn't collect dog hair. By the time they figured anything out I plead my case and we got to keep the dog, but I had to go for allergy shots. They didn't do much good, so after 4 years of shots, I went away to college and was no longer living with a dog and could breathe again.

Mr. Fro would love to have a dog but he and I have had to make peace with the fact that it's really better for me not to have one. I've thought about getting one and just dealing with the symptoms but that's kind of silly. In the meantime I watch Lauren carefully for any sign of allergies when we go to my brother in law's house (they have three dogs. I have to drug up mightily whenever we go over there.) So far she doesn't seem to show any signs of having any problems with their dogs. I can't tell you how happy it would make me if it turns out that she hasn't inherited my allergies.

It makes me sad that I can't have a dog. I want a beagle.

10 comments:

dragonflies said...

Don developed an allergy to cats when he was in his late 20s. After we already had 2 cats. He opted to try the medication, which he takes once every 3 days. It makes him sleepy, so he takes it before bed, but as a result, he has no symptoms.

Maybe this is a solution for you?

A funny aside. My parents dog had allergies (to what, I dunno) but she took the same meds that Don takes. hee hee

Puffy said...

I know we discussed this before, but are you also allergic to the non-allergenic dogs like poodles, schnauzers, and bichons?

How about a fish? Turtles? A penguin?

Schnookie said...

My step-sons are allergic to animals so they got a bichon. Cutest dog evah!

I also love online shopping!

Zombs said...

Just strap a collar on Mr. Fro and walk him 2 times a day.

arkie said...

In Mr. Fro's defense - Even though the clothes are made by the same clothing company, and have the same size on the label, they're not always the same size. I have had issues with bras because of that - I tried one on, it fit great, so I grabbed a few of the same style, different colors, and when I got home, they were NOT the same size. Same thing with jeans.

Jen said...

I'll have to tell my mom about Overstock.com. She's also in the market for an area rug. I've shopped on Overstock before, but I never would've thought of it for rugs. Thanks! :)

Merry Christmas, Frodis! *smooch*

Anonymous said...

LOL at Zombs.

Sorry about the doggie Frodis.

I have a friend who is allergic to dogs, but his wife is so self-centered that she insisted they have one anyway.

Nice, eh?

Aislinn Sirk said...

Get a hairless dog and spend all your time laughing and laughing and laughing at it because it is so ugly.

Bravie said...

Merry Christmas.

~Nutz said...

I would try on all 5 pairs of pants too. I wear a certain type of jeans, which I have in several colors and I have them in 3 different sizes, depending on the fit.

I agree! Get a non-allergic doggie!

Happy holidays!!!