Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Yikes.

I did a lot of Christmas shopping online yesterday. I'm still way behind, but I'm feeling a little better now that the packages will start rolling in. I still have several people to buy for.

Miss L. is now pulling herself up to a standing position using just about anything she can find. She has a basket of toys and a bucket of Duplo blocks that she's especially fond of using to stand up. She gets very frustrated because usually she has a toy in one hand when she wants to stand up, but it gets in the way. She has taken it putting the toy down, pulling herself up on the basket or box, and then reaching back down to pick up the toy. Usually, she falls over in the process, but sometimes she manages to execute this maneuver, and when she does, she laughs. Goof.Ball. She has also let go while standing, which almost immediately results in her flopping down, but heaven help me, the kid is trying to walk.

My mom says I should trip her. She's only 7.5 months old. Yeesh.

Her newest "cute" thing that she does is that if you make a smoochie at her, she smooches back. Also, most of the time, if you say to her, "can I have a smooch?" she makes a smoochie face. She melted my brother with that the other day.

I'm tired. I think it's too dry in my house and it's sapping my strength.

11 comments:

dragonflies said...

Awww, I think we need another updated picture of her. Standing.

I did some online shopping yesterday as well. While I was working, of course. But it cut into my blog & OT time.

momma said...

Oh you are in sooooooooo much trouble if she's trying to stand this early. So.Much.Trouble.

I put in a small Amazon order this morning. I'm being cheap. I don't want to pay shipping this year.

frodis said...

I'm working on a standing pic, df. It's hard because I usually have to try to catch her.

She did get her first "I'm a terrible mother" bump on the head on Sunday. She was goofing around climbing on me, and she dove in a way that I wasn't expecting and hit the coffee table. She has a little bruise on her forehead. :(

Online shopping! Momma, I placed a bunch of Amazon orders yesterday, doing the free super saver shipping, and four of the items are already on the truck to be delivered today. I can't believe it. Hooray for procrastination.

momma said...

Oh wow. I hope my stuff makes it on a truck that quickly. It was all free super saver shipping stuff. DVDs and such that you can't find in retail stores around here.

Jen said...

I also did some Amazon-ing yesterday. Free shipping is all I ever do from them.

Anonymous said...

*heading to Amazon right now myself*

Yay Frody. I love hearing Lauren stories!

Swami said...

Oh, that is way too early. One of mine walked on the first day of her 9th month. Too early. They're just not smart enough yet to avoid accidents.

This would be a good time to duct tape temporary padding to all sharp (or even kind of sharp) corners everywhere. I think I sold my coffee and end table combo a few days after she started walking because they were metal, and brutal.

They make red and green duct tape, you know. You can think of it as Holiday decorating. Or go Goth and use black.

I *heart* Amazon. I spend more there than all other places combined.

Zombs said...

Yay! You are lucky she is doing this in the winter. Meggie was doing this in the summer and it is a pain in the neck outside with the cement and uneven grass.

I love the smoochy stage! I blow kisses at Meggie and she tries to do it back. She puts her hand up to her ear and does it.

I was trying to get here from MM's blog and accidently hit the Book Bitches and thought you were gone.

momma said...

Woohoo! Part of my Amazon order shipped last night! That was fast!!!

Jen said...

*runs to see if any of my order has shipped*

Nope. *pouty pout*

Puffy said...

*smooches Fro and BabyFro*

The only thing I bought on line was something for my Secret Santa giftee.