Monday, March 5, 2007

Things that are good

1. This morning, I found a blouse in my closet that fits me. It's about three years old and kind of ugly, and I don't know why I bought it, or kept it, but it's nice to find clothes that fits.

2. Bathroom scale said I was 3 pounds heavier this morning than I was yesterday morning. Where did that come from, and why does that ALWAYS happen on doctor day? Fortunately, one of the pounds went away by the time I got to my doctor's appointment.

3. Had an ultrasound today. Baby is very healthy, weights 4.2 pounds, is head-down and already in the launch position, and still seems to like chewing her toes. The doctor said everything looks perfect. 5 weeks to go 'till she's full-term, 7 till her due date.

4. The baby has hair, enough to be detectable by ultrasound (I didn't imagine that an ultrasound could even detect hair.) The old wives tale of heartburn=hair is holding true for me.

5. I asked a co-worker to do a huge favor for me this afternoon, and he did it cheerfully and willingly and didn't make a big deal out of it. His doing this favor meant I didn't have to go back to work after the Dr. appointment, so Mr. Fro and I went out for dinner. I think I might stop for donuts tomorrow morning on the way in to work to thank my very kind co-worker.

6. There's a high chair in my dining room. Weird.

7 comments:

dragonflies said...

I've found that leaning backward a little while on the scale lowers the numbers.

You got any baby pics?

arkie said...

I had always heard that if the baby has hair, it causes you to have heartburn. I used to work with this one woman who had always heard it was the exact opposite - that having heartburn is what causes the baby to have hair. So she always ate a lot of spicy food when she was pregnant so her babies wouldn't be bald.

That was really nice of your co-worker. And bringing donuts would be super nice of you!

Puffy said...

Tonight, my friend told me a story about her mother. Her mother was 42 when she got pregnant with my friend. Friend asked her mom if she had been afraid of Down Syndrome, due to her age. The mom said, "No, I lied to my doctor about my age. I told him I was 35."

kim (weltek) said...

OMG, that's coming so soon! *hop*

Jen said...

How cute that she chews her toes!

Schnookie said...

Does she have hairy toes?

Wow! 7 weeks. I didn't realize you were so far along. Exciting!!

So glad that your coworker did you a favor and bringing donuts would be really nice of you. Would you mind bringing some extras to us bloggers? *grin*

frodis said...

Hi dragonflies! I do have baby pictures but I don't have a scanner. :(

I love spicy food and ate it right up to the point where I really couldn't stand it anymore. So, I'll take credit for this kid's head of hair. And toes of hair, if she's so blessed.

The donut vultures picked the box clean, so next time I'll have to remember to get extras for blogland. :)