Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Procrastination

I am supposed to be doing something for work that I meant to do earlier today and didn't, so now I have to do it tonight before it gets to be tomorrow and it's still not done.

Instead, I'm playing on blogs.

Have you ever seen "Pee Wee's Big Adventure?" I love that move. It's one of my favorites. There's a scene where there's a pet store buring, and Pee Wee comes to the rescue. He goes in and rescues the dogs, and the cats, and the birds, and he keeps passing the tank of snakes and making an icky face and passing by them. Finally after saving the mice and the gerbils and the fish, ALL that're left are the snakes. He takes a deep breath, goes back in, grabs the snakes, and runs out of the pet shop carrying all of them, doing the AAAAAAAAH Pee Wee yell, and passes out.

I'm Pee Wee, and work is the snakes.

5 comments:

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

*raises hand* I, too, am a procrastinator. In my last job, I did not enjoy filing the work I'd processed. When one looks in a loan file and doesn't find what they are looking for, one tends to get a bit testy. Yup, I just didn't like to do it, had STACKS of paper to file on my desk. Finally got it done when I left the job. :-)

When are you due??

kim (weltek) said...

I love that movie! I own it on VHS. :-)

I think it's time you take an early maternity leave. Say you are on bed rest.

mtw said...

LOL! I feel the same way, Frodis! And I love that movie. I was a big Pee Wee fan.

~Nutz said...

Um. No. I will not grant you an extension. :D

Procrastination? Ha! I was just telling Nutzgirl that I am the *best* procrastinator on the planet!

frodis said...

I have to admit, I have been secretly hoping for a bedrest sentence, not because I want there to be anything wrong to require bedrest, but because I don't feel like working anymore.

Unfortunately, the doctor says I'm in great shape and I can't bring myself to claim needing bedrest at work when I don't.

I'm due April 23rd. Less than 4 weeks now. Kiddo has been kicking the heck out of me lately, to the extent that other people can see her moving around in my belly. My coworkers, mostly guys, think it's "really weird."