Saturday, March 17, 2007

Decor invasion

Today, my in-laws are at my house. They are working with Mr. Fro to hang a wallpaper border in the baby's room. My job today was to go out and buy donuts, and then stay out of the way.

The unintentional hilarity abounds.

First off, my mother-in-law and father-in-law are wonderful people, and I'm lucky to have great in-laws. They've been married for 35 years and set a great example and all of that good stuff. However, they can NOT work together. FIL likes to be in charge, and he starts giving orders, and MIL has none of it because she's actually the brains behind the operation. It starts out okay, and then it just goes downhill fast.

Add Mr. Fro, and his propensity to be maddeningly slow doing detailed stuff like hanging wall paper (because he's hyper-diligent) and I have no idea what sort of storm will touch off in my house this morning. It should be quite amusing. To me.

I was up there while they were discussing where, exactly, to begin hanging the border. They all had a different opinion. I left before they reached a decision. I've been eyeing the donuts, but have refrained from eating one so far. It seems kind of rude for me to be downstairs chowing on donuts while they're working up there.

7 comments:

dragonflies said...

What kind of donuts were they? I mean, if they were they uber yummy sort of home made ones, then it would be completely ok to eat them. I would pass on the Krispy Kreme ones though.

So....pics of the new border? Did everyone survive?

frodis said...

The donuts were from a local donut shop called Spunky Dunkers. Not home made, but they are uber yummy. Sadly, it's better that I didn't tuck into them too quickly, because holy moley, they gave me horrendous heartburn. (Like everything does. *sigh*)

Everyone survived - I think because they got it done so quickly. No time to kill anyone. It looks cute. The room is still a mess because Mr. Fro is touching up the paint, but I'll take and post some pics soon.

I might wait to take pictures until next week, when the curtains are up and the furniture is in the room.

kim (weltek) said...

Totally take advantage of being preggers and having them do the work. I mean, when else do you get to do this?

Schnookie said...

LOL. I'd have stayed out of the house.

My mom was visiting us a few years back when DH & I decided to put a border up in the kitchen. It was the same weekend that I decided to quit smoking. 5 minutes into the job, my Mom pleaded with me to go to the store and get myself a pack of cigarettes LOL.

Aislinn Sirk said...

That's why you should always buy two packs of donuts.

Puffy said...

*look, right there...over there* The wallpaper is a touch crooked.

Puffy said...

Nevermind. The wall is crooked, the wallpaper border is lovely.