There has been progress on many fronts.
1. I saw the doctor today. I'm already 1 cm dialated and 20% effaced. I could stall right here for weeks, so it doesn't really mean anything as far as things happening soon, but what it does mean is that there's action in babyland. The doctor said that it's all good, and that for 35 weeks that level of activity is about right. Still. Um. Woah. (You can now resume not-thinking about my innards. Thanks and sorry.)
2. The bedroom is painted and papered and just needs to be vacuumed before we put the furniture in there. My baby shower is this Sunday, so it's nice to have a room for all of the impending stuff.
3. My friend is flying in just for my baby shower this weekend and I'm SO excited that she's visiting and honored that she'd come all this way.
4. Mr. Fro called and set up an appointment to meet/interview a pediatrician next week. I checked the doctor and the practice out online and they're very impressive. One big advantage to living in a major metropolis and its major universities is the very high percentage of highly educated and qualified doctors in the area.
5. Had the 2nd of 4 childbirth classes last night. Last night was the massage and breathing class. That meant 45 minutes of Mr. Fro rubbing my butt. He was not amused.
6. There are 1385612839846765 things I need to do in the next 5 (4?. . . 3?. . . ) weeks.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Ack! Hurry, grab the bag and get to the hospital!! *grin*
Glad things are moving along. Now just hang in there for a couple more weeks. And how exciting that your friend is coming! Yay!
*packs bag to surprise Mrs. Fro at her baby shower* :)
Hmmmm... maybe I will start calling you Mama Fro soon!
Yeay for action in babyland! (been there, done that a few times!) Just beware that it seems the first baby always wants to wait... often past due! Good luck!
Hi Frodis! You may not know me, I hang out on OT once in a blue moon and know most of these girls and boys that are part of blogland. It's nice to meet you!
Congrats on the baby and impending birth!
1. Yay! Although a warning...I was 2 1/2 cm with my first for about 3 weeks and nothing ever happened.
2. You are so prepared! Really! With first "I" was painting the moulding and waiting on a carpet to get delivered about 1 week before due date. All the baby crap was in our den in huge pile.
What "theme" is the nursery?
3. That is really nice!
4.Pediatrician is good! I feel like I live there now. We literally have been going there around every ohter week this winter.
5. Are those classes fun? I never did them.
6. Nah...youjus thave to have a baby, everything else will fall into place. I love shiny new baby stuff.
I didn't know it was spelled "woah."
Hmmm. You may be on to something. I wonder if I took a class like that if I could get my butt rubbed for 45 minutes.
Well wait, do you have to be preggers to take that class?
did you have the baby?
Remember to not leave it out in the rain!
Post a Comment