Friday, February 16, 2007

Ugh

Today, I have eaten:

1 spoonful of peanut butter (the recall made me do it. Peanut butter gives me heartburn but all this talk about recalled peanut butter forced me to have just a taste of Jif this morning. I HAD to. Two Tums later. . . )

1 small scoop of mostacoli
1 small italian beef sandwich (just a half sandwich, actually)
1 small scoop of salad
1 pecan brownie (yum)

(we had lunch brought in to the office.)

I now feel like I'm going to either a.) fall asleep or b.) explode. Possibly both.

I didn't eat that much, but I feel like I just consumed an entire Thanksgiving dinner. Way, way, uncomfortably full. This seems to be a new phenomenon and I don't know if I'm going to like 2 more months of this if it keeps up. Blug.

Mr. Fro and I attended our first "parenting" class last night, which was an infant and child safety and CPR class. We learned how to revive an infant and a child who aren't breathing, as well as adult CPR. We also learned how to treat an infant who is choking, and how to do the heimlich maneuver on children and adults. The class also covered falls, medications, poisonings, in-home safety for children, etc. etc. etc.

That class? Freaked me right out.

11 comments:

Jen said...

What is mostacoli?

I have been having the opposite problem lately. I am like a freaking bottomless pit. I can eat and eat and still have room for more. It's crazy. So far I haven't gained any weight, but I don't see how I can avoid it if this keeps up.

I can see how that class could freak you out, but it's such a great thing to do... just in case. Better safe than sorry, yeah?

Puffy said...

I used to ride a bike with my son on the back. No helmets for either one of us. Never heard of bike helmets back then. We lived.

~Nutz said...

The good news about that class is that you will very likely never need to use any of those skills you learned. It's always a comfort knowing you have the knowledge, just in case.

frodis said...

Mostacoli is for people who are too lazy to look up how to spell mostaccioli.

I am glad to have taken the class, certainly. It just made the magnitude of having to care for a little tiny person really sink in. I know, it sounds stupid.

I mentioned the too-full feeling to the doctor on Saturday. She said that the baby is riding high and pushing my stomach out of the way, so I can't fill it up quite so much. Explains the worsening heartburn, too.

Jen said...

K. I still don't know what that is. You're going to make me look it up, aren't you?

Jen <--- is lazy, too

Jen said...

LOL! Ok, I'm glad I looked it up, because this definition made me laugh.

pasta somewhat resembling little moustaches

frodis said...

Ha! I thought you were calling me out on my poor spelling.

It's penne. I've always called it mostaccioli and didn't realize that the name might not be universally recognized. Bad spelling aside, I'm not italian so I'm not quite sure why my family was so authentic on its pasta names.

But the little moustaches thing made me laugh, too. I had no idea that's where the name came from.

Jen said...

LOL. No. I had never heard penne called that before. And I really don't see how penne resembles little moustaches, but whatever. *snort*

mm said...

*holds penne pasta under nose*

Can you see it now, Jen?

kim (weltek) said...

Mmmmmm, food.

Sorry you are feeling a little overwhelmed. I'm sure it's natural. Still doesn't help the feelings, though, does it?

Zombs said...

LOL at eating mustaches.

OH dear. I hate that feeling! I had that with all 3 of my pegnancies. I just could not eat. DH ate for me. Oh the heartburn. Water would give it to me.

The only thing I can say is that the heartburn goes away IMMEDIATELY after the baby is born. Really...even if you have a c-secton you just feel soooo much better overall.

You must be at the lay down, try to get comfortable, then pee, take a tums, repeat over and over throughout the night stage.