Last Sunday I had a grilled cheese sandwich and a glass of chocolate milk for lunch. Mr. Fro kept grinning while I was eating it. finally, I said, "what?" He said, "I'm laughing at your lunch. That's such a little-kid lunch."
Last night, he asked me if I thought chocolate milk counted as a "sweet." (He's abstaining from eating sweets, remember.) I said, yes, yes it is. He asked if that includes Ovaltine, since it's nutritious. I said, "We don't have Ovaltine." He said that he knows that, but we could get some.
Later, I asked him what he wants for dinner tonight, since he's not eating meat on Fridays. He said "fishsticks." I started laughing and said, "You want me to buy fish sticks and Ovaltine? Who's eating like a little kid now?"
Dork.
Friday, February 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
LOL!
I've never had Ovaltine. Or fishsticks for that matter. But I love me some grilled cheese.
Have pizza! Or Italian or some shrimp!
Does he want a juice box with it?
*snort*
Nutzy *hearts* Mr. & Mrs. Fro! :D
I love grilled cheese and chocolate milk. Still. Probably will until I die.
(nice to see your blog, BTW!)
Hi Frodis. Bravie has you linked so I thought I'd stop by and say "hi".
Kiddie food rocks!
Weird, I haven't had chocolate milk in years. Years I say. But I had a glass of it Thursday night. It was horrible.
It was sugar free and it is meant to be hot chocolate. I think the hot part is key. When I put the powder stuff in my cold milk, I ended up with regular milk and a clumb of some sugar free chocolatey stuff at the top. I mixed until my arm was sore and still, just a clump at the top. I better go buy some Ovaltine.
My mother used to make me drink Ovaltine. I think it's gross. All the little floaty bits. Yack.
DH loves grilled cheese, which he insists on dipping in ketchup. Does anyone else in the world make grilled cheese with Cheez Whiz? 'Cause I think that's gross too.
I love grilled cheese and chocolate milk. I often order them both at a restaurant. LOL at the fishsticks and ovaltine. Yup, you'll both be great parents.
grilled cheese and chocolate milk sounds awesome. DH is back on his diet (he's diabetic and impossible to deal with) so there is some bread that I HAVE to get rid of.
Mmm, grilled cheese is the BEST! I can make a pretty healthy one by using whole wheat bread, FF American cheese singles and PAM. I always forget to throw tomato on there.
I'm not sure where I stand on the chocolate milk thing. As long as it's the low fat stuff, I'm not sure how much sugar there is...so I can't decide right now.
I've never had Ovaltine. I don't even know if Mr. Fro has had it, I think he was just desperatly trying to come up with some reason why he could justify chocolate milk not being a "sweet."
I love grilled cheese. I made it on 12-grain bread so it was all wheaty and seedy and delicious. I used Kraft American cheese singles. Yummy.
I have been known to dip a grilled cheese sandwich in ketchup. Or, put sliced tomatoes on it.
Kim, my milk was 2% and made with Hershey's syrup, so not so good on the healthy-scale. But it tasted quite nice.
Post a Comment