Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Lent, my brain, and other nonsense

Today, Lent begins. I'm not particularly into Lent, but when it comes around every year I consider making some sort of resolution.

Mr. Fro told me yesterday that he has decided to give up sweets, soda, and he's going to do the meatless Fridays thing. Thus, he suggested pizza for dinner last night so he could have one last sausage fling before the 40 days begin. (We normally have pizza Fridays, so I guess those are going by the wayside, because it's apparently unthinkable for him to eat a meatless pizza.)

I told Mr. Fro that I've already given up alcohol, caffeine, blue cheese, and rare meat for the past 6 months, and because I'm currently forced to avoid most of the other things I like to eat because of heartburn, that I have dispensed myself from Lent this year. He agreed.

In other news. . .

Please tell me how I managed to lose my glove in the grocery store yesterday:

I went in to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription vitamins. I did not pass Go or collect $200. I was wearing both gloves.

After the lady in front of me was finished bitching about how much her prescription eye drops cost (this took a while) it was my turn. I approached the counter. I was wearing both gloves.

The pharmacist retrieved my vitamins, and asked me to sign a little piece of paper. Because the lady in front of me was getting eye drops for some hideous, rampant, nasty eye infection, I was a little ooked out when I considered that I didn't know what pen SHE used to sign her little slip, so I TOOK OFF MY RIGHT GLOVE and fished through my purse for my own pen.

The pharmacist rang up my prescription, I paid, and I turned to go. Then I realized that I didn't have my right glove. It was nowhere to be found.

I looked on the floor, looked all over the counter, checked my pockets, purse, etc. Asked the pharmacist. Looked accusingly at the lady behind me. No glove. It was gone.

I managed to lose a glove while standing completely still in a well-lit area. How?

9 comments:

Jen said...

Oh no. My worst fear seems to have come true. Those little sock monsters that live in the dryer are branching out. Now they are running amok in pharmacies and grocery stores, and they're stealing gloves now, too! This is not good. Armageddon is coming.

Puffy said...

Check your next ultrasound. Maybe Baby Fro has it.

kim (weltek) said...

LOL, Jen!

I can't believe Mr. Fro won't consider eating meatless pizza! Dork.

mtw said...

I lost my keys this morning at the coffee place. I looked everywhere for them, including in my car before I finally found them in my pocket. What the hell were they doing there?

*boggle*

Zombs said...

Bob is that you?

Bravie said...

Look in Boo's jacket pocket. That's where she left her keys.
Or blame the Orkin man. Another of Boo's tricks.

*looks around* Am i allowed to post here?

HistoryDetective said...

I think the woman with the eye drops ran off with your glove.

frodis said...

Bravie, you can post here anytime you like.

And HD, if ooky eyedrop lady has my glove, she can keep it. Ew.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

It's because babies suck your brains out. THis happens before the baby is actually born, but also occurs after (think sleepless nights...)