First things first, I had a doctor appointment yesterday, and all is well. I now have to start going to the doctor every two weeks which is kind of a "wow" moment for me. My ankles have started swelling now and then, so I mentioned it, and the doctor told me that it's normal and I should just expect it. (My blood pressure has been very steady and fine this whole time, otherwise I guess we'd worry.) Monday, I get my rhogam shot in case Mr. Fro's blood type is inferior to my pristine "universal donor" blood.
Thursday, as I mentioned in comments, I flew to Washington, D.C. and back again. I had a meeting there and it's such an easy trip from here that it makes sense to just do it one day. (One LONG day - I was up at 4am and didn't get home til 10pm) I scrounged around in my closet for something to wear to my meeting, and managed to find a suit that has always been a little big on me. I couldn't zip the pants (not even a little bit) but the jacket was big enough that I was able to just wear my tricky little bella band thingy over the pants (it's like a girdle that goes over the clothes, looks like a t-shirt and holds unzipped pants up) and button the longer suit jacket over it. It looked okay, and it saved me from buying a $150 suit that I'd wear exactly one time.
I wore the pants backwards because 1.) they usually zip in back and 2.) there was more room in the butt than in the usual front section, so leaving the zipper open and having more, uh, sagginess to the material, it was a bit more comfortable for my stomach. I was feeling quite clever about it, really.
Flying was more uncomfortable than I'd anticipated. I put my bag under the seat in front of me, and then realized that I couldn't bend forward to get it back out. I had to kind of shift to the side and lean over to grab at it. Bending - not so much fun anymore.
While waiting for my flight home, I asked the bartender in the airline club room to make me a Kiddie Cocktail. There was a woman in the club drinking something that *looked* like a kiddie cocktail (but clearly wasn't) and it made me want one. Yes, I can order a kiddie cocktail for myself with a straight face. I really have NO shame. It was a long wait, so I had two.
When I got home, I exploded out of the suit and as I was putting it away I remarked to Mr. Fro that I was glad that the meeting wasn't next week, because I don't think I'll be seeing that suit again for some time.
My fishtank filter is making a weird noise. I think the fish have sabotaged it, a la "Finding Nemo."
Saturday, February 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well, well, you are mighty inventive. I haven't heard of that bella band thing, sounds like a great idea.
Post a Comment