MY daughter just sang a little song. She makes up songs all the time, and they're pretty funny. This one made me sad.
This song went:
I asked mom to get me some chocolate milk
but mom is doing some work
I need some chocolate milk
but mom is doing some work and then I'll get some chocolate milk
I don't have any chocolate milk.
I hate working.
I hate money, I hate needing money, I hate thinking about money, and I hate the stress that money causes.
I was trying to answer a stupid email from a stupid person about a stupid situation that I really want nothing to do with; that is unimportant in the grand scheme of things, and I could really not possibly care less about except for the fact that I'm paid to care about it.
And my daughter has no chocolate milk.
This all happened a few hours ago, in case you're wondering why I'm posting this instead of getting her some milk. I ended up shutting off the email and getting her milk and an apple and we shared the apple.
I feel like crap.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Ahhhhh. I feel your pain. All of it. I had to work from home yesterday and had to fight the battle of working while keeping Conner entertained. It sucks.
That is a cute song though.
*hugs* I agree-it sucks to have to worry about money. Just last night I was reading an article and thought, "The American Dream sure seems to be defined in terms of monetary gain." Frame it however you like, but it really boils down to making money, doesn't it? I get freedom is part of it, but it's NECESSARY to earn a reasonable amount of money in this country. You can't work for $10K a year doing something important (raise children, work for a charity) without needing what many term a "handout."
Stupid money. Glad you shut things down and had a little apple & chocolate milk with Lauren.
Is it bad that sometimes I wish that some big, bad electomagnetic catastrophe would happen and all things electronic would go poof? I know I would probably bitch and moan at the time, but I really envy those Little House on the Prairie people sometimes. Grow what you eat and do a little trading. I could so do a commune lifestyle if there was that whole religious thing tied to them.
Hugs Fro - you did good.
I was reading along the song with a little tra-la-la sing-song background in my head.
Then the lyrics got all angry and nasty, and the tune in my head got all dark and turbulent.
Then I realized that the song actually ended at "I don't have any chocolate milk"
Was the chocolate milk with powder or syrup? Or pre-made in a carton? I like them all.
Syrup! Chocolate syrup!
You're right, I should have put quotes around her song because my angry rant ran right up into it.
So that night, I turned on the music and Lauren, Jeff and I all had a dance party while waiting for Mr. Fro to come home. I felt better after that.
Not so bad, considering Hobbs' OT post about his wife's job offers.
I am aware that there are people who have it worse than I do.
When we're in the throes of "mommyhood," comparisons don't mean a thing. When it's a rough time, it's a rough time. I didn't mean to say that they have it worse. *hugs* And bring on the dancing and chocolate milk!
Post a Comment