Friday, October 3, 2008

Yikes.

I'm watching What Not to Wear.

The woman just came out wearing a suit that I have. Stacy and Clinton ridiculed it and said that no one will believe that she bought it in the 21st Century.

Uh oh. Granted, I haven't worn that suit in many, many years. Maybe, 6 years. But yikes. I didn't think it was that awful.

She also had a sweater that's very similar to one that I have.

The difference is that she's getting a $5000 gift card to take a shopping spree and I am not.

13 comments:

Bravie said...

*points and laughs at what Froody is wearing*
How 90's of you.

arkie said...

Are you asking us to nominate you for WNTW?

Puffy said...

OMG! I see similar clothes to mine on WNTW all the time. I just got rid of 2 pairs of long overalls and 2 pairs of short overalls. I haven't worn them in years, but they're so comfy. Sometimes I keep old clothes, thinking they'll be a good costume someday.

Anonymous said...

*giggle*

I'd bet all of my clothes would be snubbed by them.

Puffy: I had a pair of short overalls in the late 90s/early 00s. I loved them. DH didn't. It used to irritate him when I wore them.

MM said...

I love that show. Love it. And sometimes I think they feel obligated to bash the clothes so they feel justified to throw them out.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

My kids even love WNTW when I have it on... If they only knew their parents used to wear some of that stuff!

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

My kids even love WNTW when I have it on... If they only knew their parents used to wear some of that stuff!

kim (weltek) said...

LOL-I've never actually owned something similar to those WNTW pieces, but I have been guilty of the too big, stretched out pieces.

Speaking of the short overalls, I always wanted some, but never bought them. Glad it was a quick-passing trend.

Swami said...

I think you deserve a $5,000 gift card, Fro.

My daughter April is totally addicted to that show!

I just gave my shorts overalls to Goodwill last week. (They had not been worn in years but they were very cool because they had all the famous Disney cartoon characted embroidered on the bib. So classy!)

I see my old wall-coverings and furniture on home improvement shows all the time. Vern once gagged over my former house's kitchen wall paper. "The 70s died in here!" he said. I still kind liked it though. Big yellow and orange sunflowers on an avocado background.

Puffy said...

Swami!! I had big orange and yellow flowers on "wet look" shiny wallpaper in my bathroom. I also had green shag carpeting...long shag carpeting.

*mourns overalls with Swami*

maroonclown said...

Let's all hold hands now, and admit that when we go shopping we always ask that question in our heads - "Would Stacey and Clinton approve?"

Swami said...

Puffy - yes! It was wet-look, shiny wallpaper. I bet it was the same one! I had orange shag carpeting in my family room. Long, long shag, lol.

frodis said...

I used to think that I wasn't quite as wardrobe-pathetic as the people on WNTW, and that they wouldn't take me. Now I'm not so sure. . .

I've never worn overalls. I tried some on once and looked so weird that I've never tried again.

I'm making yucky faces at Swami and Puffy's wallpaper.

MC, I do, indeed, ask in my head if Stacy and Clinton would approve of things I buy. Sometimes I think they wouldn't but I buy them anyway.

They have the best shoes on that show.