A very, very close friend of mine found out today that she has breast cancer.
I knew she was getting the test results today and I've been worrying all day, and just got the word that it is, in fact, cancer.
I can't imagine what she's feeling right now. For me, I'm sad and scared and feel helpless. She lives 800 miles from me and I can't even go take her for coffee or do anything. I've told her that if she needs anything to let me know, if she wants to talk about it or if she wants to talk about anything but IT, I'm here.
I just...
This sucks.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
*hugs*
Oh no. It feels terrible to be the friend hundreds of miles away. Just not to be able to give that hug is hard. Phone calls and some treats/books delivered can always lift spirits.
*hugs*
Thanks.
She sees a surgeon Friday. Maybe she'll know more then.
She has an almost 3 year old daughter. I'm sure she has more on her mind now than keeping me updated, so I'm not bugging her, but I do think I may send her something just to let her know I'm thinking of her.
*hugs* I'm sorry. :(
Oh no. Two of my friends from college have diagnosed with it. It is scary to think how it is really beginning to affect a younger generation.
Give her time to accept it and then occupy her with as much as you can. That is what I did.
*hugs*
PS Are you pregnant again?
*nods* Thanks Monsty, that's what I'm going to try to do. I wasn't sure if it really is affecting a younger generation or if we're just now *that* generation. Either thought is scary.
P.S. Yep.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Today on the Ellen Degeneres show, she said her mother is a breast cancer survivor for the past 35 years.
I was at the Imaging place all day yesterday. I think I'll blog about it tomorrow.
hugs
If I ever get cancer, which is a high probability in my family, I hope it's breast cancer. Out of all the body parts, they could take them and then build me better, perkier ones. I don't need to produce milk ever again anyway.
and I hope you don't take that as insensitive, it's what I would want.
{{hugs}} So sorry.
I read recently that spontaneous cards of encouragement and simple "thinking about you" cards can go a long way in helping the spirits of someone who is/will be going through their treatment.
{{hug}}
So sorry to hear about this Fro. I agree. Just keep letting her know that you are there for her and are thinking of her. Don't lose touch.
*hugs*
:(
{{{hugs}}}
Post a Comment