Today, I woke up in a very cranky mood. Lauren did, too. We've been in the house all week, because I've been so crazy busy with work that my phone is ringing all the time and I can't get out.
Today, there's not a cloud in the sky. It's a beautiful October day, sunny, crisp, low 70's. I asked Lauren if she'd like to go to the zoo. She said "ZOO!!!" I asked her what she wants to see at the zoo (partly to see if she knows what to zoo is) and she said "Monkeys!" (it sounds more like "Maa-kee!") So, she knows, and she wants to go.
I called work to check in, see if anyone needed anything, and told them that I'd be gone for a few hours.
We went to the zoo. We had a wonderful time. It wasn't too crowded, which was nice. Lauren was able to walk most of the time, instead of me having to carry her, or strap her into the stroller. She wanted to share her juice with the elephants and the rhino, which was cute. We did go see the monkeys and gorillas, and had a funny conversation about what the gorillas were eating.
I packed snacks and lunch for us, but we also stopped for a zoo snack and split some french fries. By that point she was getting a little droopy (I was too) so we packed up and headed home. She fell asleep in the car, and when we got home I carried her up and put her into her bed and she didn't make a peep (which is unusual. She must be exhausted from all the walking.) She's been asleep up there for an hour and a half.
It was a good day. I think I really needed some fresh air and sunshine, because my mood is 100% improved.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It sounds like a perfect mother-daughter day for both of you. Sometimes the best times are had without a lot of advance planning. Now you know what to do if she won't sleep...go to the zoo!
What a great day! *smooch*
Did you get a drink in one of those plastic animals? I loved that. You. made my day, it brought back lots of memories of when Bre was little :) As a single mom to a little one the zoo was affordable and good one on one time. I love the zoo. *sigh
Post a Comment