Now back to our regularly scheduled boring all-about me blog!
I was in the office all afternoon yesterday, so I guess I missed some intrigue, sturm und drang. Probably a good thing. I think I actually have been a bit of a bully lately.
I got to take a tour of the new office building yesterday. Did I mention that my company is moving? We're not moving very far. The good news is that in the new building, I no longer have my own office. I will have a desk where I can park myself when I do go in, but for the most part, I'm going to be considered work-at-home. That's good news because it means that I won't be expected to go back in-office anytime soon. I wasn't sure how that was going to play out or whether I'd eventually be expected to be in-office full time again. Guess not! Yay!
However, I am going to start going in one day per week. I've been saying that for a while now but I'm really going to do it. I think it's ultimately a good thing - it gives Lauren a little break from me and I get to comb the Cheerios out of my hair and wear nice clothes and feel like a grownup once a week.
I bought more reusable go-green grocery bags at the grocery store yesterday. I'm up to 6. I also got a free $5 Target gift card for buying 2 packs of diapers. I was overly excited about the $5 gift card.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
I now have 3 of my grocer's green bags. I love them! You sure can pack a bunch of stuff in them.
I also bought those "green" bags at Bed Bath and Beyond that Misto talked about a couple weeks ago. I'm testing lettuce and celery in them right now. I need to check the celery tonight and see how it faired.
I love Target! I got a $50 gift card there when I bought my Dyson.
I have about 8 and I keep forgetting to use them. *smacks self on forehead*
*smooch* to you for allowing your blog to be temporarily hi-jacked by folks who actually really do care for someone going through a weird time.
I love Target, too. I hate Walmart. I hate Walmart. I hate Walmart.
Did I mention that I hate Walmart?
I have 5 bags. I keep forgetting them, but I do recycle the paper ones, so that is good.
This reminds me that I too received a $5 gift card from Target, although I can't remember what I bought to get it. Or where I put it.
That is good news about your job. No pressure is always best. Surprisingly I could probably get more done if I could work at home and someone else dealt with some of the phone calls I deal with.
There used to be a Rule of Thumb that if at-home workers (in a company that was mostly in-office workers) did not go into the office once a week they became invisible as far as raises & promotions went. I don't know if that still applies.
I keep forgetting to buy those green produce bags. (That's what you mean, isn't it?) If those work I will love them!
WalMart built a SuperStore in my town 3 years ago. I have never been inside it.
Save the Cheerios for me, okay?
That is uber cool that you aren't expected to be at work. What a perfect situation for you. I agree that it will be nice to still go in once per week, to save your sanity. Besides, I hate to see your good wardrobe going to waste.
I need more bags. Two really isn't sufficient.
I need to break my plastic silverware addiction at work. The kitchen is far away, so I hate to use regular silverware.
Oops that should say Mystic, not Misto. *sigh* I miss Misto.
Alert! Alert! Alert! Target has BM kits, I repeat... Target has BM kits.
Walmart and Target now have generic prescriptions for only $4.
I wondered if I had missed a Misto sighting.
Target has BM kits? Cool, but I don't need a whole kit, usually just the foundation.
I used to get a sitter for a morning or two a week, just to get away and be by myself. If you can earn money and do the same thing, that's great!
I want a Target gift card. Why don't I get gifr cards?
And Froody Frooderson? You crack me up. You really do make me laugh. *giggle* Thank you.
LOL at all the grocer green bags. I bought one and keep wanting to buy more but like most of you, I will probably forget them in the car all the time. I do that with the one I have now.
Gift cards are always exciting.
Good for you going into work once a week. I'm sure it's important for you to have that change in scenery, as well as adult conversations.
You can never be overly excited about a Target gift certificate. No matter what the amount is.
I keep thinking that I need to buy some of those bags...but then I spend all of my grocery money on actual groceries and the thought passes.
I wish you'd been around for the afternoon fun--I thought your post on the matter was spot on.
Any gift card is a good gift card, btw.
Sometimes, you sound Canadian to me.
Anyway, that little time away builds up a lot of love. Baby Fro is pretty darn lucky to have you as a mom.
Gift Card Update:
I went to use mine today, and it didn't work. I wasn't happy. I think part of it was just irritation over the line, the person in front of me having no clue about life in general and leaving her cart (<------ that kills me).
I gave the card to the lady and she said, "How much do you want on it?" I replied, "I received it the last time I was here for purchasing something - I think the mineral makeup."
It didn't work, and they told me I had to call an 800 number.
Hopefully yours works.
I have no gift cards in my possession. Oh wait. I have an $18 credit certificate at an electronics store. I think I'll buy some computer geek thing like more memory.
Breezy, how did the celery fare? I want to try those things too.
Yeah, you should go to work once a week. It's important to keep your face around.
I should leave the house. Would someone please explain how I can be super-motivated and work 12 hours a day for weeks and,when left on my own, barely get off the couch?
Fro, thanks for the tips that you wrote in my blog. I intended to ask you about Australia but I forgot. I'll check my blog again, if you can think of more suggestions. I leave on Friday. Thanks!
Post a Comment