Monday, February 18, 2008

Boing boing

I nearly pulled an all-nighter last night getting myself caught up with work. This week is going to be extremely busy because I have a giant deadline on Friday, and considering past years around this deadline, I'm going to get bombarded with work this week.

I was feeling like I was under an insurmountable pile of crap so I decided to bit the bullet and just dig out from under it so that I would be able to start with a clean slate today. It was like slogging through a tar pit, but I'm happy to say that I finally feel that I'm on top of work things. Finally. That's not to say that everything is finished, but for the first time since I started working from home I feel like I'm at a manageable level of things that aren't done.

I have one big project that needs to be a lot more finished than it is, but it's easier to face that knowing that everything else is caught up. Whew.

I drank an enormous cup of coffee this morning. I have been completely avoiding caffeine for a really long time now, so it has hit me hard. I'm wired out of my head. I expect to crash into a pile of goo around 2pm.

Boing!

4 comments:

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Hope you haven't crashed too hard! I bet that looking at cutie pie Lauren will get you going again!

Thanks so much for starting my birthday thread! It was fun! I so love my hippos and Sandra Boynton! Do you have any of the board books for Lauren?

Puffy said...

I like the pictures that you posted of your desktop backgrounds.

Swami said...

I just made fresh coffee. Want some?

Anonymous said...

I was up at 3 a.m. this morning, and I tried for 2 hours to get back to sleep. Hence I took the day off today.

Conner has a little cold. He's actually fine now and should have gone to school, but I just wanted to hang out with him.

Tonight I am making a roast for dinner. And I will likely pop in and out of the computer room to do a few things work related.

It's nice to work from home. Even if you have to do it at odd hours.