I bought a new kitchen garbage can.
I'll wait while you gasp in excitement.
Done? No? Okay, I'll wait a little longer...
Okay.
I'm more excited about this garbage can than anyone rightfully should be about a garbage can. It's a very nice garbage can. It's rectangular, and has a stainless steel body, and a black lid, which has a step-in lever on the bottom (also black) so that it is a hands-free garbage can. It has a little lock so that you can prop the lid open for really large garbage transfusions. It contains the stinkies very well and it's nice and neat. It also fits in its prescribed spot as if it were hand-crafted especially for my kitchen. I love it so much. I have named it Chompy.
It cost $100. Yep. I bought a $100 garbage can.
But like I said, it's *nice*.
I have hated my old plastic el-crapo garbage can for a long time. The lid wasn't terribly secure, it was a little too small, and if I put anything even remotely fragrant in there, it stunk to high heaven in about 2 hours. I also had to juggle opening the lid with one hand while dumping garbage into it with the other, which often resulted in garbage all over the floor. I cursed that garbage can many a time. Now, it sleeps in the garage.
I would say that being excited over a garbage can is one of those, "you know you're a grown-up when. . . " moments, but on the other hand, I did name it "Chompy" so I can't be that boring. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
On my trip to Targe to buy a garbage can last week, I spent about $137 , but sadly, not all on the garbage can. Our old one with the pop up lid lost a spring, so I needed a new one.
I hit all the clearance stuff for DD - she needs shirts.. hence the $137.. for a $14.99 plastic trash can. :-(
Oooh, I am jealous of a garbage can! Ours is just a plastic thing with no lid that resides in the cabinet under the sink. We have one of those slide out things that makes it a little easier to use. I doubt it holds the stink in very well, but don't notice it all that much.
I have one like that except it is a semi-circle, so that flat back fits up against the island perfectly.
The only thing that bothers me about it is when it's not shiny. Like if there are prints on it or something. So I sometimes have to polish it.
I haven't named mine yet.
That's an expensive garbage can. *grin* I like Chompy, Chompy is a good name.
Do we have to grow up?
Perfect! I need one. You have done the right thing...trust.
Right now? Meggie will take our lid off and pull stuff out of the garbage. For example if she sees her sister throw out a banana peel or a juice box, in she goes cause leftovers are nice!
I am very gellus of your new garbage can.
However, I don't think I could ever bring myself to pay $100 for one. Unless I exchanged all my appliances for stainless steel ones, then I'd have to have a matching garbage can of course.
*giggles at the name Chompy*
I have a blue rubbermaid kitchen garbage can with a closeable lid.
My friend is remodeling her kitchen. She's having a space made inside a cabinet for her trash can.
Some of my friends have trash compactors, so no need for a "Chompy."
Only $100? If you had been willing to splurge you could have got one of those "electric eye" garbage cans that opens automatically when anything gets within 18" of the top (or some specific number like that.
I have a family of basketball players; our cans are all round and open. And yes, we throw stuff a fair distance. That sounds so trailer park - but really we're quite refined people! We just throw garbage around.
No names.
Wow! *gasps in excitement* I must see what a $100 garbage can looks like. Any pictures of Chompy?
Post a Comment