I just want you all to know that I'm going to make $50million this year. I don't know how, but it has something to do with using lots of capital letters.
Mystic and I had a discussion about how I think she's a phony in October. Things that I think are no longer nice or funny about her... 1) She has referenced in the past that people on OT have given her money. Words cannot express how infuriated this makes me. 2) Did you see what Tim sent her for the holidays gift swap? That was a lot of money for a college student. *sigh*
Why do these annoying people have to share my birthday? That's so wrong! Argh....
I consider myself a resonably nice person, but I have a low tolerance for BS. And this woman is all BS. She reeks.
Em, I am sorry to report they the did not smell like strawberries. They did, in fact, smell like feet.
I'm a nice person, too, Deb. Regardless of my propensity for wanting to talk crap about people. :)
I don't know about drunk or high. I know that I have written some incoherent stuff while hopped up on caffeine. It does sound like a set up for a scheme, though.
Let's not forget... she originally came from the SO boards!
Besides having internet for 4 days in a row over the weekend, how the hell does she support her kid in college??? I mean, I know there is financial aid, but the kid needs to eat and have a place to live right? Not all of that is covered.
Also... I thought she was in NY, but in that thread, she refers to being in CT.
Jason mentioned she could easily be using a PO box so people wouldn't be able to track her down. I agree it doesn't add up. If you have no money to the point you are fishing in the trash for cans, how are you giving gifts? Jason always helps me keep things in perspective. Now that other folks have called her out on the boards, I feel much better. Maybe she'll go away.
Well I finally did call her out. I'm sure I will catch hell, but I don't care.
Something else about the whole address thing I don't get. I've seen NY and CT, but it also looks like she has met certain OTers (and bloggers) like Dragonflies. I thought DF was in Wisconsin. Now I'm very confused.
Dragonflies went to New York last year, I think. There were pictures posted on OT.
I remembered that DF had met her and honestly, that simple fact kept me thinking that maybe I'm just way off and reading her wrong.
You said what you said very well, Boo. Better than I could have. I keep composing a message in that thread and closing my browser window. Instead, I picked on wayne.
She did come from the SO boards but I have to say she was one of the more sane voices on the forum. I think her daughter is in school on full ride scholarship and financial aid. She was a very sharp student in AFROTC, I think.
I'm more worried about her than thinking this is BS. She sounds manic where she hasn't sounded like that in the couple of years that I have communicated with her. I haven't figured out when the chef job may have ended but she may still have had the job during SS season.
Ick! The whole thing makes me feel sick for her because I know how hard she worked for all those years to make a good life for her daughter. She is so aimless now, without purpose and seems to be grabbing at straws.
Sorry, but she and I both came from the SO boards (we're not all freaks ;-)) and I'm worried about her.
Hey Shar! I would actually really love to hear your take on this, since you two are probably closer then any of us are to her.
The main reason I have such trouble believing her is that her story jumps all over and makes no sense to me. She has skills that seem to me have a high demand everywhere, so why the struggle for employment? If she really is homeless, it would seem she would be concentrating on the basics... and I'm sorry, but the internet is not a basic need.
It doesn't matter now. The expressions of concern are all just grumpy gus grumbling from people who wish they had the guts to do what she's doing.
Shar, I agree with you - she has sounded sane (a little outlandish at times, but sane) before and this is just incoherent and weird.
I would rather go to a community and have people express concern for my well-being than simply wave flags and cheer for me just because I asked them to.
PLEASE DO NOT CONFUSE MY PLEA FOR HELP WITH A PLEA FOR HELP!
I've pretty much stayed out of this whole thing, though I do agree with those who were considered the "grumpy gus" posters...but I have to say, she ended the last comment with, "I have to go write a resume now..." and that irked me. Wouldn't she already have her resume written? Does she write a new one for each job? Am I missing something? *sigh*
Sharnina, you bring up a good point. Maybe her daughter going off to school has thrown her into a bit of manic state.
I'm going to be mean here...but sometimes when trying to make lemonade out of lemons, a few people like to turn themselves into a cheering poster child for adversity. It's usually a cry for some assurance, and to grasp onto SOMETHING, but it can come off as downright annoying and crazy. I guess I should be sensitive to it being a cry for something more.
Oh, you all are just a clique and should be ashamed of yourselves for bashing/shunning/accosting peeps who aren't a part of your clique. Sooooo junior high.
At least I think that post in my thresd was a thinly veiled reference to you peeps.
He's got such a hard on for Geg, doesn't he? She gets all outraged *eyeroll* and suddenly we are all in junior high. Clique, clique, clique. If OT broke we'd just play here.
This? is yet another reason I hate to get re-involved in OT. Such ignorant shit.
And yes, I totally agree with all of you who have at the very least pointed out that this particular CHEERING SECTION PLEASE post doesn't gel with previous posts. Altho, if I hear her say one.more.fucking.time that she's homeless, I'll send her a bus ticket to live with my dad in Houston in a real freaking shelter.
Well, I would comment that I think she's a delusional maniac, but since I'm not a professional, who gives a shit?
And I'd also comment that she should be seeking some sort of employment services which are bound to be out there, but I'm a terrible counselor, so who gives a shit?
I'd also point out to her that $126 dollars a day isn't going to go very far if she's not going to earn that much every day, but she doesn't want my advice, so who gives a shit?
I've lost track of her jobs and her degrees and her areas of expertise. She used to be a slight annoyance with her 'I know everything' chatter. Now she's a full blown chapper of my ass; however, I enjoy laughing at the stupidity, so that sort of soothes the chap a bit.
I think she truly thought she was going to get lots of supportive comments for her heroic dumpster diving and ingenuity--it just seemed rather sad to me. I'm a bitch like that, though. She is suddenly the queen of the victims/strong women/martyrs...methinks she's watching too much Lifetime Movie Channel (at someone else's house while she borrows the internet, of course).
44 comments:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I promise to use it to save the Texas prairie chicken.
This is where! I was trying to remember who said this. *grin*
I think I love you.
HOW'S THAT WORK?
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP
QRSTUV
WXYZ
I THINK HER WHOLE STORY IS BULLSH*T!!!
Sorry for shouting.
*smooch* :)
Please explain how a sane person doesn't want to go to DSS and ask for help but has no problem digging though garbage for pop cans?
Ahha, thanks, Breezy. Now I know that this has something to do with a thread I purposely didn't read.
OK, thread has been read.
Fro, I'm sending you all my jewelry. Let me know if it doesn't arrive by Thursday.
Breezy, here's my problem...
Well, I have several, but here's what's bothering me right now.
Doesn't that sound kind of like a manic rant? It's almost incoherent. It's . . . weird. It's almost got the tone of a spam post. I don't get it.
Puffy, please put your jewelry in the garbage and I'll be by to get it later, okaythanks.
It sounds manic, phony, and like she's high on something. Extremely strange.
How does she have internet to post so much?
I agree, I think she was either drunk or high while posting.
Zombs: I have been asking that question for weeks now.
OK, now I have to go look for said thread.
but first: Strawberry Shortcake Roller Skates? Ah-may-zing. Did they smell like Strawberries?
Mystic and I had a discussion about how I think she's a phony in October.
Things that I think are no longer nice or funny about her...
1) She has referenced in the past that people on OT have given her money. Words cannot express how infuriated this makes me.
2) Did you see what Tim sent her for the holidays gift swap? That was a lot of money for a college student. *sigh*
Why do these annoying people have to share my birthday? That's so wrong! Argh....
I consider myself a resonably nice person, but I have a low tolerance for BS. And this woman is all BS. She reeks.
Em, I am sorry to report they the did not smell like strawberries. They did, in fact, smell like feet.
I'm a nice person, too, Deb. Regardless of my propensity for wanting to talk crap about people. :)
I don't know about drunk or high. I know that I have written some incoherent stuff while hopped up on caffeine. It does sound like a set up for a scheme, though.
*sits with everyone else*
Glad you all said it.
People on OT give you money? Hmmm. Maybe I'll go back!
Let's not forget... she originally came from the SO boards!
Besides having internet for 4 days in a row over the weekend, how the hell does she support her kid in college??? I mean, I know there is financial aid, but the kid needs to eat and have a place to live right? Not all of that is covered.
Also... I thought she was in NY, but in that thread, she refers to being in CT.
*sniff*
Smells like BS to me!
Deb: I think what really hit me was the whole SS thing. How did she have the resources to participate in the SS thing.
The whole thing really disturbs me.
She participated in SS!?!?!?!
Whomever had her needs to do some sleuthing with that address. Unreal.
Jason mentioned she could easily be using a PO box so people wouldn't be able to track her down.
I agree it doesn't add up. If you have no money to the point you are fishing in the trash for cans, how are you giving gifts?
Jason always helps me keep things in perspective. Now that other folks have called her out on the boards, I feel much better. Maybe she'll go away.
Even with a PO box, name city and state would help a good sleuth.
Well I finally did call her out. I'm sure I will catch hell, but I don't care.
Something else about the whole address thing I don't get. I've seen NY and CT, but it also looks like she has met certain OTers (and bloggers) like Dragonflies. I thought DF was in Wisconsin. Now I'm very confused.
Not picking on DF, I'm just baffled.
Dragonflies went to New York last year, I think. There were pictures posted on OT.
I remembered that DF had met her and honestly, that simple fact kept me thinking that maybe I'm just way off and reading her wrong.
You said what you said very well, Boo. Better than I could have. I keep composing a message in that thread and closing my browser window. Instead, I picked on wayne.
She did come from the SO boards but I have to say she was one of the more sane voices on the forum. I think her daughter is in school on full ride scholarship and financial aid. She was a very sharp student in AFROTC, I think.
I'm more worried about her than thinking this is BS. She sounds manic where she hasn't sounded like that in the couple of years that I have communicated with her. I haven't figured out when the chef job may have ended but she may still have had the job during SS season.
Ick! The whole thing makes me feel sick for her because I know how hard she worked for all those years to make a good life for her daughter. She is so aimless now, without purpose and seems to be grabbing at straws.
Sorry, but she and I both came from the SO boards (we're not all freaks ;-)) and I'm worried about her.
Hey Shar! I would actually really love to hear your take on this, since you two are probably closer then any of us are to her.
The main reason I have such trouble believing her is that her story jumps all over and makes no sense to me. She has skills that seem to me have a high demand everywhere, so why the struggle for employment? If she really is homeless, it would seem she would be concentrating on the basics... and I'm sorry, but the internet is not a basic need.
I'll shut up now.
I agree with Breezy.
The internet, OT, etc. are always going to be around. She should really be focussed on getting herself together, on surviving.
Well.
It doesn't matter now. The expressions of concern are all just grumpy gus grumbling from people who wish they had the guts to do what she's doing.
Shar, I agree with you - she has sounded sane (a little outlandish at times, but sane) before and this is just incoherent and weird.
I would rather go to a community and have people express concern for my well-being than simply wave flags and cheer for me just because I asked them to.
PLEASE DO NOT CONFUSE MY PLEA FOR HELP WITH A PLEA FOR HELP!
I've pretty much stayed out of this whole thing, though I do agree with those who were considered the "grumpy gus" posters...but I have to say, she ended the last comment with, "I have to go write a resume now..." and that irked me. Wouldn't she already have her resume written? Does she write a new one for each job? Am I missing something? *sigh*
Sharnina, you bring up a good point. Maybe her daughter going off to school has thrown her into a bit of manic state.
I'm going to be mean here...but sometimes when trying to make lemonade out of lemons, a few people like to turn themselves into a cheering poster child for adversity. It's usually a cry for some assurance, and to grasp onto SOMETHING, but it can come off as downright annoying and crazy. I guess I should be sensitive to it being a cry for something more.
Oh, you all are just a clique and should be ashamed of yourselves for bashing/shunning/accosting peeps who aren't a part of your clique. Sooooo junior high.
At least I think that post in my thresd was a thinly veiled reference to you peeps.
I totally got that Arkie, and then I got skeered because I thought, "Oh no, what if we get OT shut down. Arkie is going to kick our arases."
He's got such a hard on for Geg, doesn't he? She gets all outraged *eyeroll* and suddenly we are all in junior high.
Clique, clique, clique.
If OT broke we'd just play here.
I took it to be against us, because like Deb says he's got such a hardon for Gag.
What a BUNCH of BULLY GIRLZ!!!
you cliquey people crack me up
This? is yet another reason I hate to get re-involved in OT. Such ignorant shit.
And yes, I totally agree with all of you who have at the very least pointed out that this particular CHEERING SECTION PLEASE post doesn't gel with previous posts. Altho, if I hear her say one.more.fucking.time that she's homeless, I'll send her a bus ticket to live with my dad in Houston in a real freaking shelter.
Well, I would comment that I think she's a delusional maniac, but since I'm not a professional, who gives a shit?
And I'd also comment that she should be seeking some sort of employment services which are bound to be out there, but I'm a terrible counselor, so who gives a shit?
I'd also point out to her that $126 dollars a day isn't going to go very far if she's not going to earn that much every day, but she doesn't want my advice, so who gives a shit?
I've lost track of her jobs and her degrees and her areas of expertise. She used to be a slight annoyance with her 'I know everything' chatter. Now she's a full blown chapper of my ass; however, I enjoy laughing at the stupidity, so that sort of soothes the chap a bit.
I think she truly thought she was going to get lots of supportive comments for her heroic dumpster diving and ingenuity--it just seemed rather sad to me. I'm a bitch like that, though. She is suddenly the queen of the victims/strong women/martyrs...methinks she's watching too much Lifetime Movie Channel (at someone else's house while she borrows the internet, of course).
Post a Comment