It's rainy rainy rainy here today.
After the successful lunch outing last week, my mom now seems to want to have a weekly lunch date. That's fine with me - it's nice to get out of the house and hey, weekly free lunch!
Mr. Fro remarked that he hadn't realized how unpopular we used to be until we had a kid. Now everyone calls and visits, or invites us over (or out to lunch.) Harumph. Oh well, it's their loss - if they want to hang out with the kiddo now they have to endure me yammering endlessly about her. I seem to have lost the ability to talk about anything else. This disgusts even me.
We bought new den furniture yesterday. (Note: I'm talking about something non-kid!) We had looked at this furniture back in the fall, and got a quote and everything, but decided to wait a bit before buying it. We got a call from the furniture place inviting us to their "private sale" (right) with a special discount that boiled down to 44% off everything. Not bad. So, we took the plunge and bought the stuff we wanted. It's a set of 5 recliners that all hook together into a normal-looking couch. There are three recliners, an arm with a tray table and cup holders tucked inside, and then two more recliners. We also got a coffee table that has a lid that lifts up into a tray table.
It looks nicer than it sounds - when it gets here I'll post a picture. It's perfect for our TV room.
In other news, Mr. Fro won a TV. It's a 20 inch TV with a built in DVD player. It was a raffle at the bowling alley that he'd forgotten he'd even entered. Some day I'll tell you about that bowling league. It's funny. But for now I'll just say that it was a bit of good karma that he won the TV, because he'd taken money out of his own prize money at the end of the league to cover some people who hadn't paid - and he didn't bother to ask the people for the money. He's a nice guy, that Mr. Fro.
We're going to put the TV upstairs in the guest room, now that we actually have people who want to visit us.
Friday I took Lauren to the nearby park. It has two lakes, a golf course, and a walking path all around - so it's a great place to go for a stroll. It's amazing how many people smiled at me or stopped to chat, or commented what a nice day it was, when I had the accessory of a baby with me. If it were me alone, it would have been a mutual ignoring. (I think I 'm starting to get a complex.)
That's all.
Monday, June 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Welcome to the world of mommydom! It's natural for us to only talk about our kids. :D
Yay! ...for new furniture and the new tv!
When we got our kittens, we talked about them non-stop. :-)
I want one of those coffee tables for our four-season. That way I can work on the laptop in a sunny room. Using my lap would be the more obvious solution, but who really does that?
LOL at Mr. Fro realizing your new popularity!
Ugh. More baby talk? *rolls eyes*
I keed, I keed! :D
That furniture sounds cool! I definitely want a pic. And a new baby pic, while you're at it. :)
*Come on everybody! Let's all go over to Frodo's blog now that she has a cute baby*
Now that I have a dog, I at least have something to talk about with the peeps in my office.
"Oh what an adorable little Lauren! Oh she's sooooooo cute. coochy coochy cooooooo"
*glance at Fro* "oh hi."
"budda budda booo, yeah... buddu, budda buddda budda boo"
You are all SO not helping my complex.
A baby is even better than a dog, when meeting people. Wait, you don't want to meet guys, do you?
Your furniture sounds wonderful! Post pics, ok?
Post a Comment