Thursday, June 14, 2007

Tidbits

My mother in law is stopping by for a visit this morning. She asked earlier in the week which day would be a good one to stop by, and I arbitrarily picked today. Of course, I was up from 2 - 4:30 this morning with a child who didn't feel like falling back to sleep after her 2am meal. My left eye is red - I don't know if it's from being tired or if I got poked in it and don't remember.

Not remembering whether I got poked in it is not code. Just saying.

Since she's stopping by, I spent some time this morning tidying up. I found a weird bug under one of my shoes in the hallway. I carefully replaced the shoe and backed away. I find it odd that a bug would choose to be under a shoe - maybe he's suicidal. Better under my shoe than in it.

(Note. In hotels, I keep my shoes up on a shelf in the closet so that bugs don't crawl into them. For some reason I choose to believe that the bugs can't get up on the shelves. I know. They can. I have a phobia of bugs in my shoes. Not just bugs, but bugs IN MY SHOES.)

I have to take a picture of my new stairs and post it here, so you can ooh and aah.

Also, Boo and Kim and maybe Breezy - if you have time for a peep meet during your time in Chicago, I'd be up for one. I don't know how full your schedules will be with the 3-Day so we'll see when we see.

I ordered my books for the OT book club and can't wait till they get here.

Does anyone watch Top Chef? I love that show. I watched SYTYCD last night (some of it) so someone please watch Top Chef with me?

8 comments:

Schnookie said...

I believe there are a lot of peeps watching Top Chef. I watch it and really enjoy it. Mind you, last night's episode made me feel queasy with all those weird foods. *shudder*

I throw my shoes around just in case there are bugs (or cod forbid, lizards) inside them. *shudder*

LMAO at your getting poked not being code. :-)

Bravie said...

Oh Gag. Bugs, mostly spiders, make me gag. GF just asked me the other night why I gag when I see a spider. Then she laughed at me. *pout*

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Is it a new season of Top Chef already?> Haven't managed to watch it! Sheesh! Will have to get the dvr scheduled right!

Bugs - blech!

Aislinn Sirk said...

*does not mention that bugs can climb*

~Nutz said...

This: Not remembering whether I got poked in it is not code. Just saying. Made me *snort* :D Mostly because you post was quite serious up to that point and I wasn't expecting it.

Hopefully, I can make it to the 2008 great Chicago peep meet. We'll see. It's more than a year away.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, can you hand off to MIL so that you can have a nap?

Maybe you stepped on some sort of food and the bug was nibbling? Speaking of shoes, I have to clean out mulch from Conner's shoes every single day. For some reason I couldn't figure out why his new socks kept getting dirty. Then it hit me. Duh!

I would love to have a peep meet!! But please know in advance that I will be living in a "tent city," so I have no idea of what my appearance will be like. *grin*

I attempted to read some last night and kept getting interrupted. So tonight I am taking my book to my room as soon as we get home from dinner, and I'm shutting the boys out.

Breezy said...

Cool! I didn't sign up for the walk. I know bad me. *hangs head*

But if I go to to see the girls, it would be great to meet up!

Oh and I'll for sure be in Chicago in September for DD's birthday.

Swami said...

I really like Top Chef but I haven't found a favorite in this seasons batch yet.

Bugs in shoes: the first time I visited my DD who was living semi-hippie style in Jerome, Arizona she told me to check my shoes for scorpions before I put them on the morning. I was freaked out for the whole rest of my visit! Checked my shoes religiously, turned all my clothes inside-out and checked them before I put them on, etc., etc.