On Sunday I composed an email listing all of the things I have to do at work and sent it to the head of my department. The subject was "I need help." I realized when making the list that even if I stayed up 24 hours a day for the next month it would not be possible to get it all done. I'm not exaggerating.
On Monday, I got a call from work. They had assembled everyone in the conference room and wanted me on the line while they went through my list and split it all up among them. It was like a work intervention. After the call I felt a tremendous sense of relief. I'm still busy, but I no longer feel like I'm under a giant mountain.
The 3D Ultrasound was fun. Basically, the techs had gone through a training, and they needed people to practice on, to get certification. So, they had a list of things that they needed to get images of and print out. I was lucky, they concentrated on things like kidneys and heart chambers and other organs earlier in the day. When the got to me they were working on face! I feel a little sorry for the women who had to lie there for 45 minutes looking only at their kid's kidneys. I got to look at my kiddo's face for 45 minutes! Very fun.
I weigh less than I did at this point last time around, but I feel bigger. I think I'm carrying this kid differently than I carried Lauren.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
wow. You have some amazing coworkers. It takes a smart cookie to realize when it's just too much and you need help, so kudos. I will soon need to wave a white flag if I don't stop goofing off. I haven't had any "free time" at work for awhile and I'm overindulging this week, so I need to buckle down.
Good for you for taking that load off.
How exciting about your ultrasound. 3D wasn't really around when I was pregnant, and then it was there a year or so later.
When are you due?
Good for you waving the flag. *hug*
I don't know that my coworkers are exactly thrilled about taking up some of my work, but they're all being good about it. The thing is, I would need help whether I was pregnant or not. It really has nothing to do with that, I'd have had to raise the white flag even if everything were normal. I have three conferences all happening the exact same week (which is also the week I'll be giving birth). Two of them are really big. Normally they're spaced out by a few weeks, but not this year.
Oh, Boo, my due date is April 9 which means that the c-section will be scheduled either April 2 or 3. I just have to hold out til then.
That's only the first difference you'll find between having a boy and having a girl.
The work thing is amazing. Very supportive!
I'm glad that you're having the baby before I leave on my vacation!
2nd Baby Fro will have a birthday near mine. Maybe I can get the kid to share his/her cake with me. I'm a big fan of kid-ified cake.
Wow. Your pregnancy has flown by. I know, probably not for you, but for us. I think everyone's flies by for me. *giggles at Frody's expense*
April 9 is Hugh Hefner's birthday. Don't ask how I know that.
Good for you for taking that chance. Sounds like it paid off.
So often in this screwed up world we get afraid to ask for help in case it's seen as a sign of weakness.
Then we kill ourselves trying to do it all, which leads to late nights, early mornings. But the work gets done. And if the work is getting done, more work finds its way onto the plate.
*makes thumbs up sign*
Post a Comment