Lauren just woke up from her nap. I can hear her on the baby monitor and I'm about to go up to get her.
She's currently up there, saying over and over, "Let's get this party started!" and laughing hysterically. I'm almost afraid to interrupt what sounds like a good time up there.
She's funny.
She sings "Old MacDonald had a farm" only she sings "Old MacLauren" instead of MacDonald.
She asks me to open the fridge. She then stands there and strokes her chin and says, "hmmm. . . let's see." She tells me she needs "a little somethin' for my tummy."
If she hands me something and I don't immediately say "thank you" she prompts me by saying, "Thank you, Lauren." So, I then say, "Thank you, Lauren" and she says "Welcome, mom."
She likes looking at the weekly grocery store sale paper, trying to find M&M cookies. Good thing they're usually on sale.
She doesn't like the letter Z. She has floating letters that she plays with in the bath, but she won't put the Z in. She says, "No Z!" She types on my laptop sometimes, and if she hits the Z she says, "No Z - I don't like that. Delete it." (only, "delete" sounds like "deedley-deet")
The kid cracks me up.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I hope you're recording some of these, if not on video, then on paper. In the "old days," it was easy to record my kids on the cassette player. Lauren is a crack-up! She has so much personality.
*snort* The funny thing is, I bet she gets some of this from you. Next thing you know, she'll be carting her Barbies down to the local pothole.
Oh this is so adorable! I love the Z story! By the way we need a new picture.
Oh no did you hear about Peter Tork?
Lauren just sounds like such a wonderful little girl!
'Z' is kind of a pointy letter, isn't it? It could poke you in the tub, so I guess you can't be too careful. Maybe she would embrace the letter if you took her to the Oo more often. Just a thought.
Don'tcha just wonder what goes on in their heads? It's pretty hysterical.
Get her involved in T-ball and she'll be a hoot and a half!
Swami has a great idea..go to the Zoo. Think of all the wonderful things that have Z's...zebras and um um um, whatever else.
I googled Peter Tork to see the news. Oh my! He has a rare form of cancer.
I love all of those.
The only thing I can think of at the moment that sounds somewhat related is about The Biggest Loser song.
The actual words are:
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
Conner says:
What have you done to me to make me feel proud?
I wish I could meet Lauren. She sounds so funny.
ZOmbie's have zzzzzz's! Yeah Puffy, Peter has some tongue cancer or something. :(
He is my favorite Monkee.
She sounds like SO much fun!
I think you should come with Lauren and visit me for a week or two.
Post a Comment