Does April 3 sound like a good day to have a baby? I think it does.
I got my orders today. Apparently I can't have nail polish on my fingers so I'm trying to decide whether to cancel my manicure that's scheduled for Tuesday, or go ahead and get the manicure and just take off the polish for Friday. I'm leaning toward getting the manicure anyway so that I have nice, neat nails.
The manicure is part of a mani/pedi/haircut that I have planned for Tuesday. I want to look pretty to meet my kid. (Oh, and people take pictures. I was looking at the pictures taken the day Lauren was born and even though I'd had my hair cut then, too, I looked a mess. Yes, I had been through quite a bit that day, all that pushing and then getting knocked out for the c-section, but sheesh, couldn't SOMEONE have handed me a hair brush?)
I brought too much stuff to the hospital last time. I didn't touch most of it. I'm not sure what I was thinking, really. This time I'm just bringing chap stick, slippers, my iPod, a present for Lauren for when she comes to visit, and clothes for the kid to wear home.
I've been shopping online today. I found an offer for a free bag that comes stuffed with baby product samples, if you spend $75 at drugstore.com, so I bought a bunch of diapers and wipes and supplies like diaper creme and other stuff that I'll surely use. Now I don't have to go out shopping for that stuff. Free shipping, too.
Now I just have to hope that the kiddo doesn't decide to make an early appearance.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Be sure to pack your hair brush and toothbrush, too. Do you know what you'll be wearing home from the hospital? April is a lovely month for having a baby. Perhaps he might decide to make an early arrival on April Fool's Day.
Hee hee, Puffy, you know, after I posted I was puttering around the kitchen and I realized that after I complained about someone handing me a hairbrush, I didn't have a hairbrush on my packing list.
Yep. I'll bring a hair brush and toothbrush and little bottles of LUSH shampoo, soap and conditioner, because the hospital soap is fairly industrial. Also, my little makeup pack. For going home I'll just wear the clothes I wear on the way in. Except I will bring fresh undies.
040309 has a very nice ring to it.
You might want to add deodorant to that list. *grin
I'd have the manicure just for the whole "awww, I'm totally relaxed" benefit.
Good going on the freebies! Especially with the free shipping.
Wow, I can't believe The Day is almost here!
Friday! The baby will be here Friday!!!
*hops around*
*hops with Breezy*
Oh my, that's like this week. Holy heck! I just can't believe it's time.
I think you should definitely pamper yourself one more time tomorrow. I remember what it felt like after one. You will now have two. Pamper yourself now!
April 3rd is very close to April 6th, so it is a GREAT day. :-)
I think you should enjoy the manicure and such, as you'll have no energy to do it immediately post baby and you'll be having lots of visitors and pics taken with your hands in it. :-)
Oh my-some LUSH in the room, how brilliant!
Oh, and can we have a "before" picture of your baby belly, please?
What? Not even clear polish? They need to see your nailbeds as part of health monotoring - but I always thought clear was okay. Oh well.
I look scarey in all my hospital bed pics too - so I hid them forever. The Coming Home pics are so much nicer!
April 3 sounds lovely. Just try to avoid April 1. That's when my Evil Sister was born so it's not the best date around. Although maybe a Baby Fro could take the curse off that date.
Good Luck, and Have Fun!!!
Could you go for a buff and shine with no polish?
At the very least this will allow for the relaxation of teh manicure without the need to remove the polish.
Are we there yet?
We're not there yet, but it did get a little closer. I just got a call that the surgery that was scheduled for 1:00pm has been moved to 7:30am.
It's actually fine with me - that's less time I have to go without eating (and right now, that's a big concern since I'm fungry ALL THE TIME) but when I called Mr. Fro just now he freaked out.
So I called his mom and talked to her. They're watching Lauren while I'm in the hospital and we were going to drop her off Friday morning. Now, we drop her off Thursday night. I had wanted to spend that night with my girl, but ultimately this is better for her, I think.
Silly Mr. Fro. I wonder if he'll vacuum before we go to the hospital again.
I got my toenails painted bright red and my fingernails a shimmery pink. I'll have to take the shimmery pink off but it will be nice while it lasts. My hair cut is acceptable, too, so yes, I will try to remember to ask Mr. Fro to take a baby belly picture of me.
Oh Fro! THE month is here :) Woohoo.
2 more days!! Woo Hoo!
I think the hospital folks will take the red off your big toes for you.
Does Lauren have her 'I'm The Big Sister' tshirt ready? Since she is such a precocious speller she will need one soon...
Post a Comment