Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Things

Things have been crazy. Work is very busy so I'm swamped and having to stay up really late to get things done. I'm trying to distribute my work load to other people, but it's slow going. Had a good meeting in the office last week to unload some crap so that's encouraging.

Things have been a bit difficult at home but I think we're on the road to addressing that, finally.

I'm feeling pretty good. Ultrasound on Friday weighed the baby in at 4 pounds 7 ounces. That's, like, almost a full-sized baby. Yikes. I have about six weeks until we get to meet him. I'm excited and nervous. We've started setting up the baby stuff again; the pack n play, the swing, the car seat carrier things. It's all becoming real, again. I'm still not supposed to be lifting anything which I'm being mostly good about. So, Mr. Fro gets to haul stuff around the house.

At my ultrasound on Friday the tech mentioned that they're doing a 3D ultrasound training for area techs in their office, and asked if I'd be interested in being a "model". I said, sure. I'll get a 3D ultrasound and some souvenir pictures, and really, I can't pass up the opportunity to see the kid again.

Lauren can sing the first two lines of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". You sort of have to know that that's what she's doing, but she sways back and forth and sings. It's very cute. She usually tries to put a hat on before starting her performance. This, the child who staunchly refuses to wear a hat outside when it's cold, likes to put a hat on to sing. Goofy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay an update. I was hoping you'd pop in here when I saw you in OT.

I can't believe 6 more weeks. Your pregnancy has flown by. At least for me. Ha ha.

3D was not anything they did when I was pregnant. How exciting. I think there is nothing more real than seeing the development of your own child in your body. How awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and take it easy!

Zombs said...

Oh how cool you get to get a 3D ultrasound!

It must be very hard to juggle working and Lauren and being pregnant. Especially at this late date too. I feel for you.

Do you have plans for when the baby comes? Will you cut back on work or will you hire a mother's helper?

kim (weltek) said...

Aw, you get to be a mommy model! I wonder how many people will be watching you?

I'm sorry things haven't slowed down enough. Hopefully when the little tyke arrives, you'll get a breather from work.

Lauren is going to be quite funny with the new baby. Do you think she'll be a bossy big sis since she knows how the family runs? :-)

Puffy said...

Just to let you know I've been thinking of you often...

Tummy said...

Your brave showing your belly to stangers. *grin I think having a 3-D sound would be great.

6 weeks - Wow.

Swami said...

Was the 3D ultrasound as cool as it sounds? I totally pictured all the techs and you wearing those goofy glases while looking at the screen!

I also had a chuckle at 4lbs 7 oz being almost a full-sized baby. Which it is, but since mine were all in the 9 to 10+ lb range, 4lbs 7 seems very small. I remember once riding up in an elevator with a woman and her baby in a stroller. She told me how proud she was because at her baby's three month check-up she weighed in at 10 lbs! I decided not to tell her that I had given birth to babies bigger than her daughter was now. Also, I was kind of shocked that I had given birth to a 3-month old baby! Or it's equivilent, anyway.

Mr Fro should just get used to hauling stuff around, and up & down, and in & out. It's his fate as a dad.

I hope work cools off a bit. You're not planning to work until you go into labor are you? I think it's always nice to kick back as much as you can for the couple of weeks before your due date. (I've done it both ways, and going directly from the workplace to the birthing place takes a lot out of you!)