Sunday, March 22, 2009

Life and times

1. I am hungry ALL THE TIME.

2. The other day, Lauren was doodling on her easel, and she said she wanted to write her name. I said, okay. She made a few scribbles, and then handed me her crayon and asked me for help. So, I took it, and asked her what the first letter in her name is. She said, "L!" I was a little surprised, but not really, so I wrote an L on the paper and asked her for the next letter. She said, "A!" Well, whatddya know? I wrote it and asked what's next.

"U!"

"R!"

Now, I'm getting excited. How does she know how to spell her name? I wrote them and asked what's next. . .

"T!"

"O!"

(imagine Price Is Right "boo-booooooo" music.)

My daughter, Laurto.

Since then however, she has learned the last two letters and can now spell her name. I? Am quite proud.

3. She can also draw a balloon that actually looks like a balloon.

4. My house is a complete, calamitous mess. I can't bend well or carry stuff. I'm making peace with the chaos; I figure it's good practice.

5. I will most likely have to work right up until the moment they strap my arms down for the c-section, due to the timing of my events this year. Still, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. One of my shows launches next Saturday and the other two on April 4, by which time I should be in the hospital. I think. Still don't have the date, yet. At one point on Thursday I was secretly wishing to go into labor just to get away from it all, but I didn't. Which was good.

6. Still hungry.

7. I have no idea how I am going to handle an infant and a 2 year old when Mr. Fro goes back to work 3 weeks after the kiddo is born. I had a minor moment of panic about it yesterday but decided not to think about it for now.

8. My friend who had a baby in December has asked me to be her son's Godmother. I am incredibly honored. This will be my third Godchild.

I can't think of two more so I'm ending on 8. 8 is a nice number. Eight is Enough!

8 comments:

Puffy said...

I'm amazed that Lauren knows letters of the alphabet to even tell you to write down. Smart girl!

frodis said...

Puffy, she has known the whole alphabet since she was 18 months old. Her favorite thing is letters - whenever she sees letters (on a sign, on a box, anywhere) she has to point them out. I'm not really sure how she picked up on letters so quickly, but she did.

She can also spell Mom, Cow and Dog.

When Mr. Fro changes her diaper, she asks him to spell words. She gives him a word, and he spells it. Sometimes the words come out of left field. The other day she asked him to spell "fuzzy valentine heart."

maroonclown said...

How do you spell "fuzzy" without the "z"s?

frodis said...

Quickly, and then you suggest a different word over the shouts of "NO Z! DON'T LIKE Z!"

:)

Breezy said...

She is just too adorable.

*hugs*

Seana said...

No 'z', that's too cute. I wonder why?

8 is fine. I want to write more, but all of a sudden it's 11:15 and I have to go get the kids for lunch...

Swami said...

1. Preggie people get to munch all the time! Healthy, lower cal if possible but donuts do in a pinch!

2. Lauren is very s-m-a-r-t.

3. Soon she will be putting words inside the balloons. This is a fun phase for young artists.

4. *looks at own mess* No comment.

5. No! No! No! Try to take at least a day or two off! Fake labor if need be! Sleep!

6. *has hot pork chops all ready for supper*

7. It works out just fine and dandy. Mainly because you have no time to overthink the details. It's all action all the time. They will become a small "herd" in less than a year, sharing all kinds of things and making it much easier for you. (My last 2 were 16 months apart. I know.)

8. I have no Godchildren. But then I'm a godless sort anyway...

kim (weltek) said...

I wonder if Lauren will be that sweet, caring older sister or that "I want to kill you, so I'll try to stuff 50 Cheerios down your throat" sister. My oldest sister was the kill-you type and my middle sister was the sweet one.
This? Is the joy of having girls. :-)