Thursday, September 11, 2008

Blardy blar

I feel like I've been missing things lately. Meaning, things happen and I don't notice. That's probably not good.

I went out with a friend last night. We went to get pedicures and then went to dinner. My toes look wonderful, just in time for shoes and socks season.

I had ravioli for breakfast this morning.

I've had it with the icky stomach thing. Yesterday afternoon I rented a bowl of chicken soup for about 3 minutes.

I have to go see a nutritionist next week. I'm scared to tell her that the majority of my meals for the past three weeks have been peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and chocolate milk.

I'm not numbering things because Swami is. I like balance.

10 comments:

Swami said...

1. PB & J sandwiches rot your teeth. Be sure to brush after every meal if that is all you eat.

2. Crackers & cheese is my default, icky stomach meal.

3. I bought chocolate milk once a couple of years ago and it gagged me. Waaaay too sweet! I must be a grown-up now.

4. Can I number my responses in your blog?

frodis said...

1. They do? Why do PB&J's rot your teeth any more than anything else? Now I'm paranoid about my teeth.

2. Cheese and I are not getting along right now, except for ricotta.

3. I've been making chocolate milk with normal milk and a bit of Hershey's chocolate syrup. That way I can control the sweetness.

4. No. :)

kim (weltek) said...

OMG, I've had a severe chocolate milk issue over the last few weeks. I finally satisfied it by buying an individual bottle yesterday on the way to work.

They make low sugar Hershey's syrup, but that still probably won't impress the dietician.

Swami said...

The sticky PB is like glue holding the jelly's refined sugars to your tooth enamel. An actual dentist told me this. (Peanut butter & honey is worse, said dentist.)

Hmm. I think I'll have some PB & crackers for a snack now!

Zombs said...

First off I want to say Congrats Frodis! I was crazy sick with Jack. So intense I almost was hospitalized with dehydration.

The best thing for it for me was the hardest but the most cliched. I forced myself to eat a few saltines every hour. Plus I SIPPED, not drink or guzzle, water and icky Gatorade. Also peppermint tea was very helpful. When are you due?

This sounds like a boy. :)

Puffy said...

"I rented a bowl of chicken soup for about 3 minutes." Sorry for my laughter, but this is priceless!

A nutritionist is a good idea. Maybe she'll help with suggesting foods that you are able to keep down.

*wolf whistle* nice toe nails.

Anonymous said...

I missed something at work this week. It could have been bad. It worked out for me.

I need a pedicure done by someone else, mainly because I need a good scrub and trim.

I had waffles.

Yuck!

MMMM PB&J. But maybe not that often.

Hope you get through this tough part soon.

frodis said...

Thanks Zombs! You know that I really just want to be like you.

I've been really worried about dehydration. I'm 100% sure that I'm not drinking enough, but it's really hard right now. I have been drinking gatorade lemonade. I hadn't thought of peppermint tea, but I'm drinking some now and it's good.

I'm due April 9. Another April baby. They'll be 2 years apart, almost exactly.

Puffy, my doctor requires the visit with the nutritionist. Last time it was just a recommendation (so I didn't do it) but this time I have to go. So, we'll see how that goes.

Boo, I had a homemade pedicure but my feet just look so much better when someone else does them. I'm not patient enough. If I had money for a silly indulgence it would be weekly manicures and monthly pedicures.

Bravie said...

Does chocolate milk come from brown cows? How now brown cow?

I like to toast my bread when I eat PB&J.

Oh crap, I forgot, you're knocked up again aren't you? I was going to say that perhaps you don't feel well based on your current meal plan. But nivermiiiiind.

Anonymous said...

Carey: I like mine that way too.