Things are a little crazy. I'm crazy. I can't even explain all of it now, but I will, eventually. It's not bad crazy, just crazy-crazy.
I can't even come up with a blog post that seems sane.
As an update to the last "poor me, I'm a stalker/loser" post, I emailed someone from a local mom/babies/kids group asking about their group and whether I can join them. I'm meeting the organizer next Friday at a park district open gym. They're not a club or anything, but they do little group stuff (play dates, mom's night out for ice cream, etc.) and they have a message board and stuff like that. Could be weird, could be good. We'll see.
P.S. If there is one or more people on your friends list who make your world a better place just because they exist, and who you would not have met (in real life or not) without the Internet, then post this same sentence in your journal.
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I like some crazy every NOW and then.
I went to the bar last night but no one was there.
Crazy is good. I wish there had been a "contact by email/message board" option when my kids were little. So many people long to hook up with their neighbours but there is no cool way to accomplish this RL without feeling like some kind of loser. It's kind of strange how looking for friends can be so off-putting in RL. I don't know why that is.
Silly Zombs. The bar doesn't really hop until 10 or so. That's around when I popped in, and we all know that I bring it.
I know, Swami. It's hard in RL to just make friends. I'm not really good at introducing myself or inserting myself into social situations because I'm convinced that I am intruding or bothering people. So, when I found this group, I figured I'd give it a shot. I've exchanged a few emails with the organizer and she seems kind. I hope I fit in.
Ironic, yes, that I put the internet friends P.S. in my "poor me I'm a loser" post. See. I? Bring it.
Most of the other moms are looking for friends, too. I was in the same position when mine were little. But be careful of those serial killers you might meet on the internet. Knives hidden in strollers or diapers, you know.
*snort* You crack me up. I think it's great that you are actively pursuing friends IRL who you can relate to, with children. Good luck and keep us posted.
Yay! Good idea to drop a line to someone ahead of time. Now they'll be looking forward to new blood!
Hope the craziness slows down a little for you.
Yay Fro! I'm glad you took a step. They'll love you as much as we do.
I haven't been to the bar since I left for Austin. I've been exhausted since getting back and can barely get thru the work day. *sigh
I'm sure by the time you're finished with them, Ice Cream night will turn into Margarita night.
I'm sure by the time you're finished with them, Ice Cream night will turn into Margarita night.
Post a Comment