1. The farmer's market
2. Fresh sliced tomatoes. (see #1.) Yesterday I had sliced tomatoes with salt, pepper and a little mayo on whole wheat toast. Delicious. Like a BLT without the B or L.
3. Trader Joe's. I went there the other day to buy ginger snaps. Do you remember a blog post of mine where I was pining for chocolate filled croissants? I found them at Trader Joe's and that made me happy.
4. The Olympics. I'll be sad when they are over. Although, I've decided that sports shouldn't have music. That does affect some of the things I like to watch, but anything with music seems a little cheesy.
5. My daughter. Yesterday she and I were playing and I was sitting on the floor. I put my head in my hands for a bit, and she came up to me and said "mamma?" I looked up, and my bangs were all in my face. Lauren looked at me, gently brushed my bangs out of my face, and gave me a smooch. Then she turned around and went back to playing. She is so sweet.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
1. I would have to go downtown to get to ours. I settle for the grocery store or a stand. Or Tom Leonard's.
2. I'm right there with ya on that one. My neighbor gave me two on Monday, which I devoured. I then had one yesterday and one today. I have been eating turkey, cheese, lettuce and tomato on whole wheat for lunch this week. A tiny bit of Miracle Whip.
I also have been eating fresh cukes and some grape tomatoes. And we went to Tom Leonard's on Tuesday, and I bought some salsa. We polished off one container that night.
TMI Alert: My poop issues from the 3-Day were quickly cured by all of the tomatoes. I guess sometimes you can get enough.
3. Still waiting. It's opening soon.
4. I am bittersweet. I love the Olympics, but I can't stay up to watch all of it. So I've been watching some on the computer while I work on craft projects. I love Michael Phelps. He is a fine work of art.
5. Isn't that just the best. I love my little Conner, and he is the same. Although apparently he told a kid yesterday that he was going to bust him in the face. Ack.
I think we are the same person. Except I'm gay and have no children.
1. I send Tom with a list twice a week, since the Farmer's Market in St. Paul is huge and fabulous. I must have fresh basil and fresh green beans twice a week, lol.
2. Was it still warm from the sun? Tomatoes eaten within an hour of being picked have an incredible extra-added flavor over tomatoes more than an hour old. This difference in indisputible!
3. I love their tapioca pudding. So yummy! And their almond crunch cereal. But I rarely go there - it's off my beaten path.
4. I will miss them too. Besides the womens' gymnastic floor routine, what sports have music? (I like the oldies they play whenever the volleys in beach volleyball stop.)
5. Kids can be so sweetly & genuinely endearing - and they sense mommy's moods so well at very tender ages. Now I want a baby smooch too!
Boo: I can't stay up to watch the Olympics, either. I try, but I'm dead to the world by 7:30. Yeah. 7:30.
When I've had it with Lauren's antics, I tell her that she is cruising for a punch in the nose. She scrunches up her nose and bumps it into my fist, which cracks me up so I'm no longer peeved at her. I suppose I may one day regret teaching her about punching in the nose but since I never actually do it and it's a self-administered punch, hopefully it won't be a problem.
Bravie, I'm not blonde. Otherwise I think you're right.
Swami: I've heard good things about the St. Paul market. Ours is tiny but still has good fruits and veggies. I also bought peaches which are eat-over-the-sink juicy.
Olympic sports that have music as a requirement of the sport: synchronized swimming, rhythmic gymnastics, dressage. Ladies floor routine, too, which I really don't understand. Men's floor routine doesn't have music, why do the ladies have to?
I've also decided that track cycling and speed walking are the most boring sports to watch. Zzzzzzzz.
Are tomatoes safe to eat again? I've missed them, although I do have some tiny grape tomatoes that I nosh on.
I found some laughable names for the Chinese Olympians. They're on my blog. We record the Olympics and speed through each night in about 2 hours or less.
Awwww, little Lauren is so adorable. How nice that she's showing feelings, affection, caring, and love.
And I'm not preggers. Otherwise I would be right. :)
Congrats!!!!!
Congrats Frody Pop!!!
At least now we know why you were crabby. *smooch*
I love tomatoes, but I am afraid soon I will have had enough. I have 30 that are all still green on my 2 plants.
I am eating cucumbers every day too.
Post a Comment