Monday, August 11, 2008

Tongue tied

Do you know that a drink which is half-lemonade and half-iced tea is called an "Arnold Palmer?"

I DO know that, but whenever I want to order one (which is all the time, lately) I have to order a "half-lemonade, half iced tea" because I can't say "Armold Palmer."

The person taking the drink order usually smiles and says, "that's called an Arnold Palmer, you know." I say, "yes, I know, but if I order an "Ernel Permel" you'll have no idea what I'm talking about.

Stupid Arnold Palmer.

9 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

*snort* I did not know that. I'm a straight iced tea kinda girl.

Freak.

Silvergirl said...

I just noticed Arnold Palmer at a restaurant recently.

Just so you know, there are certain words I have a hard time saying, too. I did not grow up with a speech impediment, either. I just have a hard time with certain words - example - colonoscopy.

Breezy said...

LOL yes I knew that and why can't you say it? Is it like the fact that I can't say Gilligan right?

Bravie said...

*snort*

My BIL was born tongue tied. So were my niece and my nephew. But neither of them are his children. His daughter was not born tongue tied.

Growing up my Mother always told the "Arnold Palmer Joke". I always wanted her to tell it to me but she always said I wasn't old enough. Every once in awhile I would beg her to tell it to me and she refused until I was old enough. Once I was old enough, she freaking forgot the joke. I will spend my entire life not knowing the Arnold Palmer joke.

Anonymous said...

I did not know that. I think there is some fancy name for a Vodka Cranberry, but I still call it a Vodka Cranberry.

I had the most delightful glass of sweetened iced tea on Monday night at a CiCi's Pizzeria. It was absolutely delicious, and it was all I could do to limit myself to one glass.

Bravie said...

A vodka/cranberry is a Cape Cod, boo. You should remember that while in Boston. :)

Puffy said...

I don't have trouble saying Arnold Palmer, but I do have trouble saying "chaise lounge."

Swami said...

I did not know that, and I don't know any Arnold Palmer jokes either. Lights probably knows the joke - ask her.

I do know that a coke with grenadine and a marschino cherry is called a Cowboy. That's what we used to order for our kids when we took them into bars.

Swami said...

I have trouble saying "no," lol.