I go for long stretches without picking up a book, and then when I do start one I find that I've forgotten how much I like to read.
I'm glad for the OT book club. It gives me a good reading list and the timetable keeps me focused.
Nineteen Minutes hasn't arrived yet but I have finished Water for Elephants. The other two that I currently have on hand are Wake and An Artist of the Floating World (which I am hosting) so I'm trying to choose which one to start next.
Oh, and of course I am using a pretty bookmark which makes me miss Mad Gab. :)
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Awwwwwwwwwwww, I like hearing that peeps actually use and like the stuff I send out.
Usually I use a boarding pass, so your bookmark is 100,000 times prettier.
Update: I finished WAKE so now I'm moving on to the Ishiguro. I'm going to have to take that one more slowly because I will have to come up with discussion questions for it, but also because my other pile of books won't be here for a few days, yet. Looks like I'm going to miss the Nineteen Minutes discussion altogether.
I missed the 19 minutes discussion but I'm picking up WFE this weekend. It sometimes sucks living in a small town with no bookstore.
It's very rare when I don't have a book laying next to the bed that I'm into. Along with one in the bathroom and one in the car :) Hey, you never know when you're going to be stuck at Sonic waiting for your order~!
I've already started WFE, and I hope to finish it over the weekend. Then I'm on Book Club break for a bit. I've already ready WAKE. With two busy work weeks and then vacation, I'm going to read some regular Boo reads.
Unfortunately I do most of my reading when on vacation. I vow to read more when I return home, but life gets in the way. Does Lauren love for you to read to her?
LOL-I swear half my books have boarding passes in them still. I agree, Breezy makes the best bookmarks (though I spilled coffee on one-woopsie).
How are you liking your books? Wasn't WAKE a fun read? WFE is kind of a mesmerizing read. I'm never quite sure what to expect.
I read in spurts, too. Don't feel bad.
It's hard to find the time to read. I have to do it while Lauren is asleep, so either during naptime or before bed. Naptime is usually when I work, but with things slowing down a little there, I've been reading more during her naps.
Last summer it was great, because I wasn't back to work yet, and Lauren slept in my lap most of the day while I read. This summer, she likes to run around.
Plus, when I read, Mr. Fro pouts that I'm not paying attention to him.
Lauren does like for me to read to her. She's just getting to the point where she'll sit still for a whole book. Right now her favorite is one she picked out at the bookstore herself, Elmo's ABCs.
I had mixed feelings on WFE. Some of it was hard to read, because it was so inhumane. Ultimately, though, I did like it - a good story and it certainly kept me engrossed and turning the pages.
I'm a little afraid that I'm not going to like the one I'm hosting.
I did like WAKE. It took me about three hours to read. I wasn't sure for a while if I was going to like it, but when I got to the end I found myself thinking that I'd probably pick up the next one, so that's a good sign.
Well, I won't lie...Ishiguro isn't my favorite, but if I'm not busy with other stuff, I'll give it shot (library rental, though, not purchase). However, lots of other peeps seem to like Ishiguro, so I think it will definitely spawn some interesting discussions.
Nolay pouts when I read, too.
I tried to read a bit last night, but I was interrupted by Michael and Conner. Constantly.
I've heard WFE has some pretty detailed sex scenes. I haven't hit any of those yet. I'm only on Chapter 3 I think. Hopefully I will have some time in the car tomorrow. And I'm also hoping we will close at Noon today. If so, I will go home, grab my book and my suit and go to the pool.
It will be "my child left behind" time.
Everytime I read "WFE," I am thinking, "WTF."
I am the same way Frodis. I didn't read much at all this spring. My main reading time is when I am sitting at swim practice, but I decided to exercise by walking instead this spring, so there went reading. I was on track with 19 minutes, but then the drama of DH last week got me off track a bit. I did finish in time to contribute to the final discussion.
Now I'm reading WFE, about 1/3 of the way through. I have Floating World and Thuderbolt kid in the wings. I've already read Wake, but I would like to reread it. Hey, has anyone told Lisa that we are reading it for our bookclub?
I am excited that my library coalition has 3 copies of HD's book, and none are checked out!
I'm a little afraid of HD's book.
I'm not even going to venture into HD's book. It's just not my style of reading.
I'm about to go on vacation and am also entering the chaos time at work, so I will be sort of taking a break from book club. I will still be reading, just not book club stuff.
It's not my style either, Boo, but I'm going to give it a go.
You have my full permission to skip my book. I finished this weekend and I'm not sure how I'm going to come up with questions for it. I wish I'd stuck to my instinct and done Never Let Me Go. I know Kim's not a fan, but I really liked that book.
Post a Comment