Monday, July 14, 2008

The wedding thing

Because I've been trying to think up an update and I've got nothin'.

1. What date is your anniversary: September 23, 2000

2. Where did you get married: The church in which I was baptized, grew up, and went through all of the churchey rituals and where my parents still belong.

3. Who proposed and how? He did. I was surprised, which was in itself surprising because I'm hard to surprise. We had plans to spend the weekend downtown and then drive up to Mackinac Island for a few days. We were walking around downtown and Mr. Fro though I was on to him so he steered me over to a jewelry shop to look at rings - a bold move because all the while I was pointing out styles I liked, he already had the ring in his pocket. I said, "So, not this weekend, huh?" and he shook his head. Later that day, after lunch and some walking around downtown, we got back to our hotel to get ready for dinner and there was champagne and flowers waiting there for us. I looked puzzled, and when I went to shoot him a quizzical look he was down on one knee. He asked, and in my shock I said, "You liar!"

4. How long were you engaged: Just over 1 year.

5. What was your favorite part of your wedding day: At the end of the night, the band hadn't played "Son of a Preacher Man" which Mr. Fro really wanted played. So our wedding party, who were quite intoxicated, wrote the words out on a napkin, grabbed a microphone, and sang it acapella. It was horrendous but hilarious.

6. What would you change if you could: My hair and makeup. I looked weird. I would have also hired a different photographer. Ours was an ass.

7. What were your wedding colors: Eggplant and silver.

8. Remember anything special about your wedding ceremony: Mr. Fro got choked up during the vows and I didn't.

9. Were you clean or messy when you cut your cake: Clean.

10. Where did you go on your honeymoon: Hawaii. One night on Oahu, three nights on Kauai, and 4 nights on the Big Island.

7 comments:

Puffy said...

I sure give credit to guys for proposing. It must be very difficult and nerve wracking for them. I'd be scared to death if I had to propose. You have a romantic story. LOL at the wedding party singing for you!

Zombs said...

Dude we missed each other in Hawaii by mere weeks.

Tummy said...

I loved the "You liar" part :) poor guy.

Isn't it funny how the "off stuff" like your wedding party singing for you turns out to be some of the best parts of the whole thing.

kevingrout said...

See, that right there is the difference between men and women:

Meemo's wedding color: purple.

Frodis' wedding color: eggplant.

Anonymous said...

LOL at Meemo.

Michael got very choked up at ours too. For a moment I thought he wasn't going to make it.

kim (weltek) said...

LOL @ the "You Liar!" comment. *snort*

kim (weltek) said...

Oh, and speaking of choked up, I cried-no, sobbed- about five minutes before going down the aisle. I couldn't stop until my BIL (the best man) said, "The longer you cry now, the longer it takes me to get to the beer drinking." Made me laugh.