Monday, April 7, 2008

MeBay

I signed up for an eBay account 9 years ago, and with it, I bought 10 things. I had a whopping feedback rating of. . . 10! All positive, yay me.

Then, I took a hiatus for 8 years, which brings us to today. I miraculously remembered my password, but since it had been so long since I'd used the account, eBay wanted to verify my info. I can appreciate that. Only, absolutely everything has changed - my name, address, email, phone, everything. I talked with a customer service person, who tried valiantly, but basically my only option was to mail in a bunch of forms of ID to reinstate the account. For my whopping 10 feedback, I decided to let the old me go. Goodbye, old me.

I opened a new account, and bought a birthday gift for Lauren that has been very difficult to find otherwise. I now have a feedback rating of 1! Woo!

I bought Lauren a vTech alphabet train station for Christmas. She adores it and plays with it every day. It came with 18 little animals, and she knows every one of them. (I set up the animals in a semi-circle and ask her, "can you find the cheetah?" and she looks around, and then gets up and grabs the cheetah and hands him to me. "Can you find the pelican?" Etc. The game lasts a while and she's very good at it. Her favorites are the polar bear and the elephant.) There are 5 other related sets (a treehouse, a firehouse, an ice cream shop, a band stand and a post office) all of which come with a few animals and other accessories.

Since she loves the train station so much, I told my family that for her birthday, I'd like to get her the other five sets. I logged into Amazon to get links for each one, and saw that the tree house was going for $229!! Insanity. I paid $20 for the train station. So, I decided to hunt around and that's where eBay came back into my life. I found the treehouse for $15.99 which seems perfectly reasonable. So, I bought it.

Now I'm watching four other auctions and I fear an obsession creeping into my life.

10 comments:

arkie said...

*swoops in and bids on tree house*

frodis said...

Bully!!!

momma said...

LMAO...I love ebay for hard to find stuff.

HistoryDetective said...

I have a little story about eBay that I cannot post in polite company. Suffice it to say, if I ever want to go back then I will start a new identity with my current email address and not the one I had eight years ago.

I tagged you on my blog because Silvergirl tagged me first.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

I recently got a waffle iron off ebay.. and the seller actually lived less than 10 miles from me, so he delivered it personally!

Anonymous said...

I'm still not an eBayer. I didn't realize it had been around that long.

I forget, when is Lauren's birthday?

sharnina said...

pssst... I tagged you on my blog.

I looked up the toys you are talking about and now I want them.

Zombs said...

Test me! TEst me! I know what a giraffe is and a zebra!

Breezy said...

LOL, I logged on eBay to look for a book for DD the other day. I couldn't believe I could remember my password either. Which reminds me, I never did make a bid on the book... I need to do that.

frodis said...

First of all, I didn't realize we were polite company, HD. Tease.

Lauren's birthday is April 25th. Two weeks!

Zombs, none of the sets come with a bigfoot. I'm disappointed.