Monday, April 21, 2008

This and this and that

I'm on-site again this week.

Something about being in a convention center all day does bad things to my skin. I don't know if it's stress or dry indoor air or something else, but my face gets all hot and greasy and icky during the day. I somehow manage to have greasy, dry tight flaky skin. That shouldn't be possible, but it happens to me. Then I break out and I get very cranky.

I didn't start a new post to talk about my face. I actually started a new post because I had something to say and I've forgotten what it was.

All of the old kiddie books I've found and bought have arrived. It has been fun to read them. Some of them are as cute as I'd remembered. Some of them I remembered more fondly than they warranted. A couple of them smell a little weird. So far I've only bought young reader books (ages 4-8) but have started searching for slightly older age-range books.

Oh well. I didn't remember what I was going to say. Maybe later!

9 comments:

Puffy said...

I saved a lot of my favorite books that my kids had. Lots of good memories reading to them. I also have some books that I loved from my teen years.

How about worker's comp for your face problems due to dry air in the convention centers? *grin*

kim (weltek) said...

Travel does bad things to my skin, too. I get very dry, other than my t-zone (which is always super oily). I always bring a ton of body lotion, but my face is just stuck as nothing really helps.

I was thinking of you and your ebay quest for children's books recently. Chris was going through a box of old games his dad dropped off. A "Little House on the Prarie" game was in there...never heard of it. We might ebay it.

Tummy said...

I kept some of my favorite books from when I was a kid. It made me happy when one of my favs turned out to be Bre's favorite also. Tall and Proud by Vian Smith.

Poor Fro-face. After your stint I say you need a trip to the spa.

MM said...

I've been wanting to find some puzzle blocks I played with as a kid but so far, no luck.

Sorry about your skin. :( My skin has never reacted to travel, but I do get headaches if I am at a higher elevation.

Kimmah said...

My skin does weird things in convetion places, too. Must be the air. I also have hotel skin problems, too.

Hope the week hasn't been too rough.

Swami said...

Good for you, buying your old favorite books!

I may rebuy my favorite childhood books someday too, just so I can have them! My mother was not a saver so I have almost nothing from my childhood. Which made me into a saver - so my kids all have boxes of their favorite books, toys and "best of" art and schoolwork. They don't appreciate this much yet but I hope that some day they will.

Swami said...

Oh - my skin doesn't mind new places but my hair goes all frizzy and weird.

Puffy said...

I can't believe how frizzy my hair gets in humidity. I have to put a non-frizz item on my packing list for my next vacation.

momma said...

Didn't BabyFro have a birthday? Where are the pictures???

And Happy 1st Birthday BabyFro!!!