I've never really had great timing.
I have to go renew my driver's license today. It expires in a week, but Mr. Fro goes back to work on Monday and I'm not yet cleared to lift the baby in her carrier (lest I pop my guts everywhere) so he has to drive me to get my license renewed. Plus, I don't know that the DMV is the first public outing to which I wish to expose my child.
So the last time I had my license renewed I fudged a bit on my weight. Just a little - about 10 pounds. At the time I had just joined a fitness center and was determined that they weight I wrote down would be my actual weight in a matter of weeks. Let's just say that my thoughts were ambitious but my body was not. So now, not only do I have those 10 fudged pounds, but I also have a certain amount of baby weight, which makes the number on my license a good bit lower than reality, right now. Again, I'm determined that I won't have the baby weight forever (I've already dropped 25 pounds and I swear the rest of it is riding around in the giant footballs on my chest.) Plus, some little voice in the back of my head is saying that maybe running around after my kid will melt away those original 10 fudged pounds, too!
Right.
I had to push Mr. Fro to go get himself ready to go. My hair is at its best in the morning, and the longer we wait to go to the DMV the worse it's going to look for the photo.
Do you smile for your drivers license picture? I do.
In other news, I managed to incapacitate the downstairs toilet. Stupid messed up guts. A plumber is coming on Monday. Good thing we have two other bathrooms - bad thing is they're both upstairs.
The baby is doing very well. I totally dig her.
Friday, May 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Aww, I wanted to see another baby Fro photo. It took me about 20 years after I got my first driver's license to up the weight 10 pounds. I haven't upped it since. I vote to keep your weight the same.
I didn't think I could smile for my photo. I look pretty evil (but not as bad as my passport photo)
The weight on my driver's license is an outrageous lie. But I have until September 2009 to make it true. Plenty of time...
*eats doughnut*
And yes, I do smile. I look really mean when I don't because my mouth naturally turns down a little bit.
I actually took a decent pic for mine when I renewed it last year. I sort of gave a little Mona Lisa smile. My passport pic is another thing. *blech*
I took about 10 lbs off my weight for the license. It still boggles my mind why they need that statistic. They never asked that in Canada (at least they didn't when I was living there).
What happens when peeps lose 50 or 100 lbs? Do they need to renew the license? Then, what if they put it back on within the year?
*blows a kiss to baby Froody.
My driver's license photo is pretty decent. Unfortunately my badge at work is home to the worst photo EVER taken of me. We're not allowed to smile (Dept of Army employees are NOT happy, dadgummit!) and I have to suffer with it for the next 2 years and 3 months. Plus I was having a pretty funky hair day.
To make it worse, I have to show it every single day to the guards at the gate, and since the card is also used for our computer access I have to prop it up in a slot in the keyboard for me to look at every single day.
I've taken to covering the picture with a post-it note when it's in my computer. :-)
I hate having my picture taken.
Oh! I vote to keep your weight the same, too.
And Happy Mother's Day, Frodis.
Just popping in to send *smooches*!
Post a Comment