Friday, January 26, 2007

Why not.

Okay, I'm done complaining about complaining.

I just booked an appointment to get my hair cut tomorrow. I always procrastinate getting my hair cut because I'm always afraid that it won't turn out right. Of course, it looks utterly horrid right now so this fear is really quite silly because ANYTHING would be better than the nest that's currently perched atop my head.

I've had a hair dilemma since my hairdresser Damon left me. I bounced through a few other hairdressers and was unhappy with them (Lana made my grays seem more apparent - yes, that's HER fault, and Alberto was too young for me even though he invented VO5.) Last time I randomly picked "Richard" hoping that he'd be my new Damon.

Richard was really, really strange, but he did a nice job on my hair and he warned me that because of the butcher job done by whoever had done my hair last (that would be Alberto) it would take a few visits for him to give me really fabulous hair. I bought into it. Why not? Richard also gave me recommendations for a new hairbrush and hairdryer, and he wrote down my phone number and promised that if he ever leaves this salon he'll take me with him. After Damon, I'm needy like that. So my appointment tomorrow is with Richard, again.

While making the appointment, I decided to go crazy and book an appointment for a manicure as well. My fingernails have been so lovely lately thanks to all the hormones and vitamins, so it seems to be a good time to show them off. Plus, I have a business trip to DC next week and that's a good occasion to have nice nails.

So, I'm splurging a bit on the manicure. I stopped just short of booking a pedicure, too. Maybe next time.

Oh, and I have to make a dessert to bring to dinner at a friend's house tomorrow. Any inspirations?

3 comments:

Zombs said...

Is this Monsty's blog?

Mmmm dessert. Are you a good baker? Brownies always work I find.

Puffy said...

Yogurt and coolwhip in a graham cracker crust topped with fruit.

Be sure to get a pedicure before the baby is born!

Seana said...

How did it go? You look fabulous, don't you?

I'm afraid to get my hair cut again after the last mullet-looking cut I got. I can't afford to pay for the high-end salon that did my layers in the first place (and I looked great) but the less expensive places have been... unreliable. So I trim my own bangs and ends.

I also dyed my hair black with Miss Clairol. That stuff sucks. It's already faded over *most* of my hair, but some bits are darker than others. Luckily, it actually manages to look more trendy than bad dye job. Even still, I will dye it again soon.