1. It's getting harder and harder for me to put on socks. My normal approach to putting on socks had been to sit on the edge of the bed, and, one foot at a time, bring my knee up toward my chest, and slip the sock onto my foot. It's the knee-to-the-chest part that's getting difficult. I've had to modify the position so that now, I bring my foot up and put it on the other thigh (like I'm sitting half-cross-legged) and put the sock on that way. The problem is that I wind up with my socks all sideways when I do that, and twisting them around just results in a bunched up twisted sock mess.
2. I bought 6 boxes of Pop Tarts last Monday, because they were on sale, 6 for $10. I haven't bought Pop Tarts since college, but I wanted something to keep in my desk drawer at work for my afternoon munchies. 6 boxes is a frightful lot of Pop tarts.
3. My mother has mayonnaise with an expiration date of October, 2004 in her fridge. When I pointed this out on Sunday, she said, "Oh, well, I ate some yesterday and didn't have a problem." Then, she didn't throw it away.
4. I'm cold.
5. For about a week and a half now, I've been getting spam faxes at work. They're the standard old-fashioned 'someone in Nigeria wants to give me lots of money' spams, which usually come by way of e-mail. I threw the first one away after chuckling to a co-worker, "Look, they've moved on to faxes!" But then they started coming every day, one a day, and what's funny is that each one is slightly different, and is a new chapter in a whole saga.
Through the course of the spam faxes, there's been a death, resulting in my inheriting 40 million dollars, then a coup, then a bank takeover, then someone at the bank who was part of the "old regime" snuck off with my records and still has access to my funds, and wants to send them to me, then that guy was abducted and a new person is going to get me my money. Yesterday I got a fax from a new guy, saying that he really wants to help me and that all the other faxes I've gotten have been lies by people who want to take my money. (I quote, "That explains why you receive fax and phone messages from different people in Nigeria everyday." Ooooh, THAT's why!)
Today's fax is letting me know that my money has been shipped by courrier (with a tracking number) and should arive shortly. It also says "you have to keep the transaction very secret for fear of betrayal!" (oops.)
I can't wait for tomorrow's installment of this exciting episode!
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
1. That's what DH is for. Or the tradeoff is to be pregnant during the summer when you wear flip flops. But you end up being more uncomfortable.
2. What flavors? That is a good buy thoiugh. Side note: my son likes only store brand chocolate ones.
3. Bleh!
4. Me too.
5. I've been tryoing to fax you! You keep throwing them out?
6. Wash behind a baby's ears...it gets crusty back there.
1. I can't help you with this. Sorry. :(
2. I thought the same when I contemplated buying Hot Pockets - also 6 for $10. I just didn't buy them. I love the blueberry and brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts.
3. "Expiration Date" is a misnomer. Most are now "sell by" or "best if used by" dates, and I think they are mostly "if you end up getting sick and try to blame it on your 12 year old container of mayonnaise with an October 1997 date on it, you're not getting a dime out of us - we warned you."
4. Not me. I have a special blanket that provides me with warmth - and LOVE. :)
5. You need to get a new fax machine.
*pats self on back for solving frodis' Nigerian scam problem*
1. Yes, that's how I used to put on my socks, too.
2. I find Pop Tarts too sweet.
3. My grandmother used to keep a huge Costco jug of mayo in her back room. Not even in the fridge. You were never to eat the devilled eggs at Nana's.
4. Put on a sweater. Soon, you too will be saying "Put on a sweater".
5. My cousin tells me that the Nigerian scam originated on faxes in the days before email. I'm surprised to see that delivery method is making a comeback. Please do update us on the exciting saga.
6. zombs is right.
Ugh, Nolay doesn't understand why I'm not always warm like he is. He almost gets upset when I'm cold.
I used to adore Pop Tarts. Now, one each year seems to satisfy me. My favorite is the cherry frosted, but they don't make those in low fat. I also used to like the low fat chocolate fudge, but I can't find those anymore. Thus, if I ever buy a box, it's the low fat strawberry.
I haven't had a pop tart in years. I don't think I've eaten more than 10 in my life.
At least you're not trying to put on panty hose.
Hi Frodis!
Agree with zombs. Have your DH put your socks on.
I finally bought a box of Cinnamon pop-tarts. I've been buying them from the vending machine at work but they cost 75 cents for two. Much cheaper to buy the box at the grocery store. I'm going through a pop-tart phase. Must have a pop-tart in the morning at work.
Ack. I get telemarketing faxes. I hate them. They use up all the ink in my fax machine. GRRRR!
Post a Comment