Jeff is walking. He took four steps yesterday without hanging on to anything. He's been cruising along the furniture for two months, now, so it's just a matter of his deciding to take the leap. He looked extremely proud of himself after the 4 steps.
Jeff also shakes his head "no". It's cute.
During lunch today, Lauren said, "You're a great mom, mom, because you sing songs with me and play with me." I liked that. I told her that she's a great Lauren.
My parents came and watched both kids yesterday so I could go get a haircut, manicure and pedicure. I feel much more civilized, now.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Aw, again, your kids are too sweet. *high fives Jeff for his big accomplishment*
It's funny, where do you think little kids learn to compare you to other moms? I can see when they reach the age where they visit friend's houses, but don't you wonder where they get the idea to tell you that you are a "good mom" and why? At her age, you'd think kids just assume all moms sing songs and play. The scary answer is that kids are far more observant and smart than I think they are.
Yay for Jeff! Now he can get into things seriously AND deny responsibility. His accomplishments are the perfect duo.
Kim, I think when you tell your kids they're great and why they will start to tell you a similar thing back.
*admires Fro's hair & nails*
Kim, Lauren surprises me sometimes with the things she notices and remembers. After we colored eggs last Easter I kept the little egg cups because she played with them in her sand and water tables. The other day she help up one of the cups and said, "remember when we put eggs in these, mom?" That was almost a year ago.
I also call Lauren my mobile ego unit. Yesterday she was watching me comb my hair, and when I was finished, she said, "you look beeeeyoootiful, mom!" I may need to start tipping her.
You made me laugh Swami - I hadn't thought about Jeff's "no" ability serving him well when he gets into stuff. He keeps me on my toes. All of the cabinets and drawers that Lauren never bothered to open have to be locked because he takes a cabinet or a drawer as an open invitation for him to explore.
Yay for Jeff! I have a feeling that little guy will do a lot of things very early. Not that this is really early, but it's kind of early I think.
Kim brings up an interesting point about Lauren's observations and kids' observations in general. Conner and I have had a few talks about divorce lately because one of the kids at the bus stop has parents going through a divorce and then my good friend who has a son Conner's age is going through one. The things he says are funny, sweet, innocent and so profound all at the same time.
Yay for you having a girly day! We all need that sometimes.
Yay for Jeff! Yay for Mom! You need to write down what Lauren said so you can show it to her during those "teenage" years.
*high fives jeff* Or maybe a *low five* would be more appropriate considering his height. :-)
Can your parents come over and watch the cats while I get my hair cut? My hair appt was the day we got the second blizzard last month, and I havent' been able to reschedule. Better yet, do either of them cut hair? Send them over and I'll provide the scissors.
Post a Comment