I was in the office again today. This photography project is taking forever, and I'm going to have to go back in again on Monday.
I don't really miss going in to the office everyday, but it's not so bad either. Working from home is kind of hard since I always feel like I'm either neglecting work or not paying enough attention to the baby. I wind up having to do stuff after she goes to bed at night and to be honest, I'm too tired to think straight at that time. Still, I wouldn't trade it - I'm very lucky to be able to be home with her and still work so I guess it'll just take a little more effort on my part to figure things out.
Mr. Fro took a half day today to watch the kiddo. I called him when I was on my way home to give him my ETA and ask him what was for dinner. The dinner question has a backstory; he would like me to have dinner ready every day when he gets home and I try hard to do so, but if I don't get to it, tough twinkies. He doesn't really get upset when I don't have dinner ready and he doesn't really expect it, but I know he's got the idea in his head that that's how things should be since his mom always had dinner ready at 6 o'clock. We had the "Yes, but I am not your mother" conversation very early in our marriage. Of course, he has never, ever had dinner ready for ME when I get home, so whenever he's home and I'm not, I call and ask what he's made for dinner just to make a point.
However, tonight, not only was there no dinner (as expected) but he had eaten all the leftovers. So, I had chocolate pudding for dinner.
Mmmmm. Dinner pudding. Too bad it didn't come with Monopoly pieces.
I feel kind of boring lately.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Eeesh. It is very tough working from home. I did it for almost a year and just could not hack it. But it also depends on the job I would guess and also you have been doing your's for awhile too.
Tell Mr. Fro he should bring home some dinner every once in awhile!
I am making some chocolate pudding this morning to put in between the layers of the cake I am baking. It was DH's b-day on WEd and my brother's tomorrow and we are doing the family thing today.
I need a Lauren pic fix.
How I wish I could work from home! I'm dreading the thought of winter commuting. *pout*
LOL @ the monopoly pieces. I have some in my wallet that we got on Wednesday night. We rarely go to McDonald's so I'll never collect enough to win anything. Want mine? *grin*
Lights has a good idea: exchanging Monopoly pieces. I'll eat chocolate pudding for dinner anytime, anywhere. Mr. Puffy would have suggested we go out to dinner, or get take-out.
You should change dinner pudding to diaper pudding.
You could take all your extra Monopoly pieces and tape them to your groceries.
I agree, I think a lot of men never SAY they expect dinner to be ready, but they hope. Indeed, we are not their mothers.
Mmm. Pudding.
Post a Comment