Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Funny mail

So it seems that whenever I'm in a funk someone comes through for me with something funny. Most of the time, that person doesn't know that I'm in a funk that needs curing - it's just a coincidence.

In college my roommate and I were bored one day and decided that it would be funny to anonymously send pieces of Kleenex to various people using on-campus mail. No note, no return address - just a piece of tissue in an envelope. We sent tissues to 5 people and then waited for them to say, "Hey, I got the weirdest thing in the mail the other day. . . " Only, no one ever said anything! We were perplexed. Finally, right before graduation, we found each person and asked them if they'd gotten anything, uh, strange in the mail. Only then did they laugh and say, "hey, yeah, that was you?"

Yesterday, I got a piece of Kleenex in the mail. No return address. I laughed for a LONG time.

14 comments:

Schnookie said...

LOL, that is funny.

Please tell me that it was a fresh kleenex and not used.

frodis said...

LOL Schnookie. Oh dear, yes. Fresh, unused Kleenex. It was supposed to be funny, not ooky.

momma said...

LOL That is funny.

Did you call your college roommate?

Glowie said...

LOL, that is funny. (hate to sound like an echo but it's true!)

How odd that nobody said anything when they received their mail.

frodis said...

I haven't called my roommate. I'm trying to decide whether to call her or to send her something equally weird back. Maybe a ketchup packet.

Glow - I know! We purposely sent them to people we saw and talked to regularly so that we'd hear about it when they got their Kleenex, but no one said anything! Apparently one guy asked everyone he knew about it - except us.

kim (weltek) said...

I love that! *grabs piece of Kleenex and blows*

Bravie said...

LOL. That's a great story. Totally put a smile on my face. LOL

Puffy said...

What's your address again? *licks pencil tip and writes furiously*

Anonymous said...

Ditto.

Hey, I got some really cool mail over the weekend. Really, really, really cool. Cool band-aids and M&Ms.

I have also gotten the bestest mail from bloggy/OT peeps when I needed it most. Or *glares at Nookie* when I didn't need it.

dragonflies said...

*giggle* It wasn't me, cause I don't know anyone's address. And FTR, I would so love to send fun things in the mail to peeps.

I never get fun mail. *sniff*

Aislinn Sirk said...

That's great.

I once got a french fry in the mail that made me feel the same way.

Swami said...

I think in today's world Homeland Security might get involved. Sad, but very possible.

~Nutz said...

OMG! That is so funny! :D

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Fun mail is great! I am a mail freak - have always enjoyed getting it! I think it began when I became a pen pal with my 2nd grade teacher when we moved away in the middle of the year! I still keep in touch with her, and my kids now enjoy getting little packages at the holidays from "Miss Kris". They wouldn't know what to do if they didn't get chocolate advent calendars for Christmas. They have met her as she lives nearby one of my in-laws in a neighboring state!