Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Funk

I'm in a funk.

I hate feeling like this because, well, it sucks but also I feel like I want to talk to someone and complain, but I know that I'm very fortunate and really shouldn't complain about anything because it just sounds like whining. So, then I feel guilty for feeling bad.

Whenever I feel like this I tend to find Mr Fro extra-annoying. That's not good either.

I have no idea if this is something bigger that I need to fix, or if it's just a normal gray days slightly overwhelmed work pressure sleep deprived funky funk that will go away on its own when the sun comes out.

I'm over my Monopoly obsession. I ate McD's three days in a row and gave up. I'm not $1million richer, although if I were I think that would go a ways to relieve the funk (nevermind the ensuing gastric distress from eating that much McFood.)

Maybe I should listen to my Funk Gold playlist on the iPod.

For Zombs: this photo is from a month ago already. She's growing up way too fast.

20 comments:

momma said...

I get into those funks, too. So does DH. Gets a bit cranky around my house if we are both feeling funky at the same time...or if one is exiting a funk while another is entering a funk.

Zombs said...

Bring on the funk!

Oops sorry. ARe you funky about work? The scheduling? Remember you are still in a major adjustment with the baby. It is huge!

Oh and I still need a Lauren fix.

Zombs said...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Was that there before? Cause I did not see her!

She is adorable! How big! What big beautiful eyes she has, very expressive.

Thank you!

mtw said...

*sits with Zombs*

I needed a Lauren fix too! She makes me smile. :)

Regarding the funk, I have a comment about this: but I know that I'm very fortunate and really shouldn't complain about anything because it just sounds like whining. So, then I feel guilty for feeling bad

I remember just recently reading or hearing about this phenomenon and how it is not fair to yourself to feel that way. So don't okay? If I remember the specifics, I'll post them.

*funky smooch*

kim (weltek) said...

She's getting tall!

Poo on the funk. Grumbling to others is ok. Don't keep it bottled up if you think it might help.

Seana said...

Oh sure, whine here. It's your blog, after all. Do you think it would help to, I dunno, dye your hair or take a class or something? These are things I have done to make funks go away. Also, zombie is wise: recent baby = lots of change and weird hormones.

That is one cute kid.

momma said...

*congas into blog*

Lauren is so freaking cute! How can you possibly still be in a funk after looking at her??

Okay, in all seriousness...this is your blog. Feel free to whine or grumble here. We'll commiserate with you and require absolutely NO guilt.

frodis said...

Her favorite thing to do these days is stand. She can't do it by herself so she stands on me a lot.

Maybe I just need a vacation. I hear Crazytown is nice this time of year.

Schnookie said...

Oh great, now I have the song "Funkytown" in my head. *shakes head*

As others have said, this is your blog and you can say what you want. That's the great thing. And, we're here for you. Get it all out of your system. We can take it. *puts pads on shoulders*

I was in a big funk for about 6 months and am just coming out of it now. You've got a lot going on right. Hopefully, you'll find a way to get more sleep.

LOL at your McMonopoly obsession. I ate at McD's at the airport a couple of weeks ago and got a free coupon for free fries. I think we left it on the table. If I had known about your obsession at that time, I could have mailed it to you.

*HUGS*

OMH! Lauren is really growing fast. Wow, her eyes really are expressive. She's so beautiful!!!

Puffy said...

Isn't anybody going to comment about Fro's hairy legs? No wonder you're in a funk. Go shave those legs, girl!

Bravie said...

*kicks Puffy*
I was just scanning to see if anybody made a funny about Frody's hairy legs. and there was Puffy. Hrmph.

*sits with Fro on the blues couch*

frodis said...

Those sig pics Arkie made for MM and Zombie? I posed for them.

I also need a pedicure.

mtw said...

I wasn't going to say anything about the hairy legs, but I almost mentioned the "man hands".

Puffy said...

BabyFro's hands look so cute, holding the huge man hands. Awwwww. A close up of the two hands holding each other would be a great photo.

Anonymous said...

We want the funk. Give up the funk. Oh, we need the funk. Gotta have that funk.

Funks are normal. You would be amazed at how many I have. Just in one day too.

*smooch*

And baby *smooches* to sweet little Lauren. She is growing up too fast.

dragonflies said...

I agree with Boo. I continue to amaze myself and the emotional roller coaster I always say I am not getting on, but end up riding on anyway.

It's ok to get in a funk as long as you get out of it eventually too.

Plus this time of year is the time of year to get funks. So is next month, and the one after that, and, oh you get it. Anytime.

~Nutz said...

*smooches for Lauren & Mrs, Fro*

~Nutz said...

Won't you take me to... Funkytown?

Aislinn Sirk said...

Um, I suddenly feel bad for feeling a little bit cranky for having a job that is a little stressy.

Job and kid? You need sleeeeeep.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

What a beautiful Baby Fro!