Hi.
I've been horrible about commenting on yoour blogs lately. I'm sorry. The problem with working from home is that as soon as I manage to put the baby down for a nap, the shot clock is on and I have to quickly figure out what to do first, second, third. . . and I often don't get to the third thing before she wakes up. Sadly, just about the last thing I want to do when she finally does settle in for a snooze is pick up a pile of work. Oh well. I'm not complaining because I am lucky to be able to work and still be home with her, but I'm still figuring out exactly HOW to do both.
My in-laws didn't get power restored until yesterday afternoon. That's 4 full days without power. Unbelievable. It's not like they live in the sticks, either. They're in a well-populated area.
My trip to DC has morphed into a conference call instead. Hooray! I will most likely have to go to DC next month but the process of psyching up for this one (and then getting a reprieve) has kind of made me feel like I won't feel so much dread about going next time. Admittedly, it was kind of fun to dust off my favorite suit and put on my pointy shoes and pack up my laptop case and breastpump. It made me feel very conquer-the-worldish as a working mom. However, I also sang "happy happy joy joy" all the way home. My co-worker said he's never seen me so happy (when the flight was cancelled.)
My new laptop case arrived Friday. Too late for the trip that didn't happen, so that turned out well, too. It's a vertical messenger-style laptop case in dark brown leather. I love it.
Request for more Lauren pictures is noted. We went to a wedding on Saturday and she looked really cute in her little polka-dotted dress. She's 4 months old now. She has decided that she likes when I sing to her, and she will put her head on my shoulder and start going "Aaaaaaaaaah aaaaaaaaaaah aaaaaaaaaah" until I start singing. Then she nestles in and goes to sleep. (It should be noted that she is the only person on the planet who likes my singing voice.)
She asks Mr. Fro to sing, too. His song repitoire goes from "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to "You're a Grand Old Flag." He doesn't know a lot of songs.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
We do not like excuses around here. *stomps*
*grin*
Hey you do shots instead of working? Timed shots? You rock!
Do the vodka first, then I like to finish with some sweet stuff. Vanilla vodka could work.
LOL at Mr. Fro and his singing. I'll have you know that I sang nothing but Christmas songs for Annabelle caues I could not even remember the words to Twinkle Winkle little Star.
Yay! Just sayin. I once had a polka dotted dress that I wore. It was cute.
Hey, what are you bringing to the peep meet? Besides Lauren and Mr. Fro?
*giggle* Mr Fro needs to learn some more songs.
LOL-I love Mr. Fros songs. Can I ask him to sing if you come to the peep meet?
I can imagine how fun it was to put on work clothes again. I always feel special when I get all "power suitish."
The answer to df's quesion had better not be breast milk.
well, she can bring breast milk, but it better be labeled clearly as such!
I do all of my baking with breastmilk these days. I was also thinking of making cheese.
Breastcheese sounds . . . unappetizing. It needs a better name.
Post a Comment