My flight was cancelled. No way for me to get to DC until 3 hours after I was already supposed to be back home.
I'm home. I'm happy.
Edited to add an update.
Yes, we had very severe storms yesterday. We had a tornado warning - the head-for-the-basement kind - although I don't think it has been confirmed yet that there was a tornado. It was scary. My brother was here at my house fixing my laptop so it wasn't just me and Lauren hiding out.
We have lots and lots of big tree limbs down but otherwise no flooding or damage. My house never lost power. My in-laws, however, lost power yesterday at 3pm and they're saying it won't be restored for 3 days. 3 DAYS!!! My parents had tree damage and some flooding, and lost power for 5 hours, but they're okay.
The airport had some power out which meant I had to walk through a pitch black parking garage with only my wee led keychain flashlight for guidance. The airport was a zoo. When I saw my flight was cancelled/rescheduled, I said, "nuts to this" and headed home.
We're supposed to get more heavy rain and severe storms today, so I'm glad I'm home.
Friday, August 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I just PM'd you about the weather in your town. I hope you're ok and your area wasn't hit. Was the flight cancelled due to the weather?
Yay! Now you should have time to post more pics of Lauren! ;)
Glad you are ok Froody! I am sick of this weather already. But I'm not ready for winter.
It is raining here again right now. *sigh*
Woohoo! Glad you didn't have to go. I agree with MTW--more baby pics, please.
Post a Comment