Monday, June 22, 2009

MomFreak

It's 9:30 in the morning.

I have two sleeping children and neither of them is sleeping on me.

This has never happened before, mostly because Lauren never, ever sleeps so late. I don't think she's ever slept til 9 in her life. However, we had a very busy weekend and she didn't nap Friday, Saturday or Sunday so I think her sleep is catching up with her. She went to bed pretty late last night, too, so if I add all of those things together I shouldn't be so surprised.

Jeff was up at 5:30 for breakfast but was happy to go back to sleep after that. He's in the pack-n-play snoozing away. He has rotated himself all the way around from the original position that Mr. Fro put him down in this morning, but he's sleeping.

I wish I could enjoy the fact that I've had blissful silence since Mr. Fro left at 7:00, but because two sleeping children is such a rare occurrence, I keep checking on them every few minutes to make sure they're okay.

5 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Wow, that is late sleeping for kiddos! You must have really tuckered them out. I had a two hour nap yesterday. *yawn* You really should've sat and read a book or something. *whack*

Swami said...

*types very quietly*
Are they up yet?

And yes, a morning to yourself after so long is a real miracle.

Anonymous said...

I remember one time right after Conner was born. We had friends over, and Conner slept for like six straight hours - right through a feeding. It was great because I got so much done, but I kept checking on him as well. I couldn't believe he was just sleeping.

Hope you get more of these days this summer.

maroonclown said...

That, m'dear, if the beauty of cats.

Puffy said...

Yes, cats. Sleeping so peacefully.

Have the kids slept late since the date you posted?

My friend's husband comes home from work very late so her kids sleep late, after staying up late to see daddy. However, when one started kindergarten, it was a nightmare to try to wake up her daughter in time for school.