I took the kids for a ride this morning to put some gas in the car. I decided to press "Yes" when prompted as to whether I wanted a car wash along with the fill-up. My car is fairly filthy, and even though it's going to rain today, my car lives in the garage so it doesn't really matter.
Lauren has never been through the car wash. I figured she'd either love it or be terrified by it.
She was quiet throughout the entire thing. I was explaining what was going to happen next, and pointing out the soap bubbles on the car and big blue spinning scrubby things and such. She was silent. I asked her if she wanted to hold my hand and she took it.
After the wash when we were pulling away, she finally piped up and said, "That was pretty cool, Mom."
I asked her which part she liked best, and she said she liked the wiggle-waggle things and the man drying the car at the end.
Then we went to get donuts.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Mmmmmm. Donuts.
Conner was a little bit nervous the first time as well. Now he always wants me to get a car wash. I would much rather do that than to actually have to wash it myself.
Wiggle-waggle things? You must go to an ancient car wash! I thought all car washes were touchless now. And we get blow-dried at the end, which is my favorite part lol.
Really? She liked the man drying part? I would not have guessed that.
How cute! I think she was scared and awed at the same time. She didn't know what to think. I don't think that I've ever been through a car wash like that. I usually get out of the car and wait for it.
My favorite part is the wiggle-waggle things too! My car is really dirty, but on the inside. It's been raining non-stop since April so the outside of the car is fairly clean.
Donuts! YUM!
I never thought about a kid being scared in the car wash. Now? She will always want to go to the car wash because there are donuts involved.
Post a Comment