Lauren slept in her big girl bed Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night. Friday and Saturday were a little traumatic. Sunday night and this morning were like she's been sleeping there her whole life.
Lauren now tells a joke. Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side! (She then laughs hysterically.)
I said to Lauren, "What up, G?" the other day and now she says it all the time. She just said to Jeff, "What up Jeff G?"
Jeff rolled over on Saturday. He surprised everyone, including himself.
I went to a picnic for the mom group I joined and it stunk. There were only two other people there and they already knew each other so I had to try to shoehorn my way into their conversation. I made a few attempts and gave up. They did eat all of my brownies, though. Maybe instead of actually making new friends I'll just cater the dessert while other people make friends.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
We did the bed at about 2 and a half, and it went well. We just went from the toddler bed to the real big boy bed at 5. He loved his toddler bed.
For a while after we made the switch, if he acted like a baby, I would tell him I was going to go get the crib down. He didn't like that.
Conner's latest joke:
Why is an elephant so wrinkled?
Answer: Have you ever tried to iron an elephant.
This one is actually kind of funny.
Sorry about the mommy group. I'll come talk to you if you make me brownies.
I love kid jokes. Hey Boo, tell Conner I like his joke.
Way to go on transitioning Lauren...er, "G"... to her big girl bed! And thumbs down to the mommy group. Losers. FTR, I'd come and talk to you even if you DIDN'T give me brownies.
Sorry, I still want the brownies. :)
Too bad more moms didn't show up. Hopefully, the next one will be better. What kind of sheets does Lauren have on her new bed?
Boo, I taught Lauren Conner's elephant joke. She likes it and has added it to her stand-up routine along with "what's black and white and red all over?" (a penguin with a sunburn.)
Puffy, her sheets are white with peach dots. She likes dots. She also has a white pillow with "Lauren" embroidered on it.
She was less enthusiastic about her big girl bed last night but eventually fell asleep in it. I actually think that she wasn't quite ready for it, but Mr. Fro took a hard line with her about it. We do need the crib for Jeff but I'm actually still content to have him sleep in the bassinet for a while.
Yay for Lauren in her Big Girl bed! Has she fallen out of it yet?
None of my kids ever slept in a crib because I had philosophical issues about "caging" my children, lol.
Boos for the 2 stupid moms. They were absolutely rude to make you feel you had to "shoehorn" into conversation. Idiots.
Sorry, I can't think of a single joke for Lauren's stand up routine...
Post a Comment