1.1 Heartburn! I know it's just part of the game but it's annoying.
1.2 I've been mentioning the heartburn to the nurses at every appointment. They nod and look sympathetic and ask if I'm taking Tums. Last Friday I mentioned it to my doctor and she whipped a sample of Prilosec OTC out of her pocket and gave it to me before I even finished my sentence.
1.3 The Prilosec works. The package says I can only use it for 14 days in a row so I'll have to ask about that at the next appointment. I'm living in the moment for now.
2.1 Failure! Possibly my own fault! I hope!
2.2 I failed my one-hour glucose challenge test last Friday. That meant that I had to be further tested for gestational diabetes by taking the three-hour glucose tolerance test. I ate a sandwich shortly before going for the one-hour test so my hope is that I goofed myself up by doing that.
2.3 Took the 3-hour test yesterday. Came out of it with four pokes in the arm and one finger stick. Lauren was very concerned about all of the band-aids. I had to fast for 12 hours before the test, which wasn't a big deal since I was alseep for most of that time. After the appointment I went to my in-laws house to pick-up Lauren, who was asleep when I got there. I sat there talking to the in-laws for a while and suddenly started feeling really funny.
2.4 Fasting for 14 hours (I'm an overachiever), drinking a bottle of super-sugar-goo-drink, getting a bunch of blood drawn over three hours, then sitting for an hour and a half taking with in-laws - all without eating - isn't a good idea. My in-laws pumped me full of shrimp and pasta with broccoli. I didn't tell them exactly how weird I was feeling - just casually asked whether they might happen to have a sandwich lying around - but I'll tell you - I felt weird.
2.5 I would prefer not to have gestational diabetes, so my fingers are crossed for the test results. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from the in-laws and bought (among actual groceries) a Cadbury Caramello bar and devoured the whole thing on the thought that I might not be able to do that in the near future, at least, not guilt-free.
2.6 I? Am very mature.
3.1 My butt hurts.
3.2 There is no 3.2. Thank your lucky stars.
4.1 It's getting harder to bend so that I can put my socks on.
4.2 My ankles aren't swollen yet!
4.3 I may have just jinxed myself.
5.1 I'm whining more this time than I did last time. Last time it was all novel and cute. This time it all kind of gets in the way.
5.2 All of the above is worth it for Lauren's baby brother.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
First off - congratulations on raising the bar as regards numbering blog entries. 1.3? 3.1? I love it!
1.1 - 1.3: So can you take it every other day for 28 days, skip a day and start egain? Or only for 14 days total in your pregnancy?
2.1 - 2.6: I had to take that Glucose Tolerance test in both of my last 2 pregnancies. (Btw, eating an hour before would have screwed the results, I think.) Drinking that 10X Tang or whatever it is, is the most awful ordeal! Gah! I felt sick about halfway through the drink even though I passed the test both times. My skin felt all crawly and my muscles felt all tight like I had just had a near-death experience or something.
Facing in-laws after all that would probably have killed me - so kudos to you!
I would noty choose a Cadbury Caramello for my last chocolate bar. I would definately buy a big bar of Lindt dark chocolate truffles and eat until I passed out, lol.
3.1 - 3.2: Uh-oh. I think I know what that is. You use WetWipes, right?
4.1 - 4.3: You can still see your ankles? Yay!
5.1 - 5.2: It's a boy! Yay! I think you already told us that, but yay again!
Oh Frodis I had to do 3 of those 3 hour tests and they are not fun! I learned by the 3rd to take saltines to the test to eat right away after you are done.
That drink is awful and it makes me sick to think about it again. A hint, always take the lemon lime over the other flavors which offered to me were cola and orange.
Oh and yes use the wipes. This sounds so much like my pregnancy with Jack. If you start measuring large then we are the same!
Have you decided on whether to have a VBAC or are you gonna try to go vaginally again?
*rubs Frodis' belly in a non creepy way*
You're mature? *snort* Um , yeah, ok. *giggle*
CERVIX!!!!
...
Well, Zombs didn't say it, so I figured someone better pick up the slack. :)
Yay for Baby Boy Frodis! If this was mentioned elsewhere, I missed it. But I'm not very perceptive, so it's possible. But yay! *smooch*
I can completely empathize with everything you posted. I was not a happy pregnant person. My friends quickly learned to stay away.
I had to take the 3 hour test too for my 2nd one. I barely passed. Barely. Thankfully I could continue to eat ice cream sammiches. Just had to limit myself to less than a box at a sitting. And I agree with Zombs that the lemon lime was the least offensive. If you like flat sprite.
Dang you and your hairy babies! LOL I can't wait too see his full head of hair!
*hugs* I sure hope you pass this last test.
Oooh, you poor thing. I hope you don't have g.d. That would suck. It's ok to whine. You deserve it.
Oh, and I'm feeling old. Plain Hershey bars are the only candy bar that ever seems to appeal to me anymore. The Kit Kat comes in a close second.
Did you tell them you ate before taking your 1 hour test?
Hope the 3 hr turns out to your advantage.
Yep, lots of hair. That was the worst about being pregnant with Bre and she looked like a little monkey when she was born. *grin
First things first: The Test:
I got my results and they were normal. I do not have gestational diabetes.
*dance*
*eat pudding*
*dance more*
I did mention that I'd eaten not long before the test but it didn't really matter why I might have measured abnormal, just that I did.
They didn't give me a choice with the drink. It was orange. The orange was better than the fruit punch flavor I had at the 1-hour. Blech.
Mr. Fro was convinced that I had it, despite the fact that I have -zero- of the risk factors and no history of diabetes in my family. He always thinks the worst. He just called a few minutes ago and I just realized that I completely forgot to tell him the test results. Too busy talking about the new windows that got installed this morning.
Second things:
Given time to think about it, there are probably other sugarey treats that I'd have rather had as my last hurrah, but I didn't know how fast the test results would come in and I had to act quickly.
I do really love Cadbury Caramello bars, so it was a convenient option.
Re. Prilosec. The box says I can only take it for 14 days and then have to not take it for FOUR MONTHS. (!) I'll have to ask the doctor if that applies to me, or if it's for people who don't know why they have heartburn and should get medical attention for it.
Lauren had a full head of hair when she was born, so yeah, I'm guessing that #2 is going to be a little monkey, too.
My Butt: Still hurts. Yes on the wipes. Mr. Fro and I were lounging on the couch the other night and I had to release a little pressure, so I did, and I yelped. He gave me a quizzical look. I asked him to check behind me for a pile of ninja stars because I could have sworn that that's what came out.
ALSO:
This is going to be another c-section. I talked with my doctor about it on the first visit and she said that based on what went down last time they'd recommend a repeat c-section.
It's okay with me. It was a little too scary last time and since I was completely unconscious for it, I had a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around what happened. At least this time I'll be awake for the birth of my child and Mr. Fro will get to be in the room. (He wasn't allowed in for the emergency c-section.)
Thus ends the TMI hour. :)
Good news on the test. Did we know before that it was a boy? Little boys are fun and easy to dress - even if it's in god forbid sweat pants.
Baby BROTHER? I hadn't heard. He'll be worth all of this.
I also like the new blog numbering system.
Yay for the great test results! Now go try a Dove chocolate.
Post a Comment