Things of note, of late:
1. I lost my cell phone last week. I searched all over for it, including my coat pockets, diaper bags, the dusty scary corners of the coat closet which hasn't been cleaned since we moved into this house, under the seats of my car, the floor of the garage, between the couch cushions, and even went so far as to call the doctor's office to see if anyone had turned it in there (since that was the last place I went that I was sure I had it with me.) No phone. Sad. It's my work phone. I told people at work that I lost my phone, and called TMobile to get the service suspended.
2. I never blogged about the holidays. Christmas was a lot of fun. Lauren got the hang of opening presents very quickly, and seemed to understand that there was good stuff inside the wrapped packages for her. I have a stack of toys in the corner of the living room that I haven't even removed from their packages yet. I plan to keep the excitement of new toys alive for a while, and introduce them just as the "ooooh" of what she's already playing with has worn off.
3. My sister in law gave me a hand me down Winnie the Pooh train which Lauren loves for some reason. It makes noise. It needs to disappear. Now I know what she gave it to me.
4. My hair has been looking good lately.
5. My mother in law came over today. I ran around a bit straightening up before she got here. In the course of doing that...
6. I found my cell phone. It was on the coffee table in the den. It was not in a corner, in a crevice, under a seat, in a pocket, or in a parking lot. It was smack in the middle of the coffee table in the room where I have spent 90% of my waking hours during the day, every day since I lost it. The ONLY thing I have going for me is that at least it was under a dirty bib. IF I straightened up a little more frequently, I would have found it before suspending the service and letting my office mates know that I'm a complete swiss-cheese-brain.
Happy 2008!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
LOL @ the cell phone. Did you try calling the cell phone or was it turned off?
It's amazing how many presents children get for christmas. Good for you for spreading the fun out.
Your cell phone story made me feel good about myself. Thanks for that! :D
Schnookie asked what I was thinking..
I hate when I lose things, but really they are RIGHT THERE!!
My very first thought was to call it but at that point the battery was dead.
Last Wednesday we took Lauren to the doctor for her 8 month check up and as we were walking out the door I grabbed the phone, which was flashing red begging to be charged. I remember thinking that it was silly to grab the phone because the battery was dying anyway - I should just leave it at home and plug it in.
. . . and that's the last thought I had about it.
That's why I was convinced it had fallen out of my pocket at the doctor's office, in the parking lot, and would never be seen again. Apparently I either got it home from the doc safely and plopped it on the table *where I'd be sure to see it and remember to charge it* OR I never brought it to the doctor in the first place.
*sigh*
By the way, Mr. Fro was convinced that someone had picked my pocket at the doctor's office and stolen the phone.
At least his theory was even more ridiculous than the fact that the phone wasn't even lost in the first place. Anyone who tries to pick my coat pocket would have to get through the layer of gloves and kleenex first.
I was at a meeting Tuesday night. A Domino's delivery lady came in, looking for her cell phone. She had delivered pizza to my location about 2 hours prior. It wasn't there.
*choo choo*
OMG, lmao about your phone. That is too funny. When I lose stuff I just have to walk away after a while because otherwise, I'll just go nutsy.
Good hair is always great news.
Did you let your office mates know you found the phone? I wouldn't have. I would let it stay lost. Forever. *grin*
If it makes you feel any better, my DW did the EXACT.SAME.THING. recently, to the point of buying a new replacement phone (thankfully, she got a great deal).
FWIW, she is also the mother of an 11-month-old (and a 2 year old), so it's excusable (as is your incident) :-)
Maybe Bravie's ghost borrowed your cell phone to play with it, and then returned it when he got bored with it?
1. Bummer. DH sometimes leaves his phone on the roof of the car and drives off. Miraculously, he can always find it! In our drive, on our little road, even on the side of the state highway once! And it always works after.
2. That's a good way to do it!
3. There is a secret parent manual on How To Anonymously Silence Noisy Toys. My kids have received so many defective toys over the years...
5 & 6 Lol! Embarrassing as it might be that is way too good a story to not tell the co-workers.
LMAO @ the cell phone! :D
Post a Comment