Monday, January 28, 2008

Boo said

Hi.

I haven't been intentionally scarce. I just really don't have a lot to say.

All is well, I just have the January blahs. It's cold and gray and I'm cold and gray. Things have gotten really busy for me at work, so at night after the munchkin goes to bed, I'm up for another 5 (or more) hours working on stuff. She's sleeping through the night now, but I'm still up till all hours working. It's not so much fun.

Mealtime has also become more of an adventure. She'll eat anything, but she's recently decided that she wants to feed herself - with a spoon. It's cute, but she isn't coordinated enough to do it. That doesn't stop her from wrestling the spoon away from me and trying, however. Oh so much mess. She does eat very well with her fingers, which is good.

This morning I got annoyed with her refusing to eat her oatmeal, so I dumped a huge pile of Cheerios onto her tray, which she promptly picked up and threw back at me. I think she was annoyed at me, too. Serves me right, I guess.

11 comments:

Zombs said...

hairbrush

Zombs said...

Ooh here is a trick I use with the spoon. Give her one while you feed her.

Honestly though with my third I just threw stuff on her tray or a low table and let her go to town. She eats with her fingers all the time. I don't think I have "fed her" since she was 8 months old when she stopped with the jarred baby food.

frodis said...

I think my problem might be that I'm still trying to feed her jarred food and she's sick of it.

With real food, I really don't quite know what to give her. I've tried things like peas, macaroni and cheese, chunks of banana or pears but I'm not feeling so creative.

I will try giving her a spoon to hold at lunch today. That's brilliant.

Anonymous said...

*longs for the days when Conner ate anything*

Now it's very select, and any attempt I make for new things are met with:

"I liked squash when I was a baby, but I'm not a baby anymore."

Zombs said...

That's fine what you are trying. Also try chicken cut up very small(does she have any teeth yet?)

Noodles are great too. I get the ditalini(sp?) cause it is small already and I don't have to cut(I think most people use them in soups) and I put a little butter and parmesean cheese on it. My older ones like it too.

Mash up a sweet potatoe...it may be messy but she might love it.

I put frozen mixed veggies in the mac and cheese and all like that too.

Puffy said...

How about cut-up quesadillas? I used to cook liver for my anemic cat, so I cut it up into little pieces. I'd toss a few pieces of liver over to my son; he loved it.

Zombs said...

Puffy's son was 24 when she did that.

Puffy said...

Zombs, how old he was does not matter. He likes liver.

*tosses liver pieces to zombs*

Swami said...

My mom tried to hide liver in normal foods even though it never worked. One time she made hamburgers that were really ground liver. I took a huge bite and promptly vomited on the dining table. After that she quit trying.

My kids grew up in a liver-free house. As babies they liked cut-up fruit, (some)steamed veggies, cut-up chicken and hot dogs, mac n cheese - you know, it's so long ago that I really can't really remember everything I gave them. I do remember that they moved to cut-up regular people food pretty quick, mostly by sitting on my lap and eating from my plate.

Bravie said...

Throw her some ribs. She can just gnaw on the bone and that will keep her fed and busy for hours. *grin*

sharnina said...

I started giving the girls no-sodium canned vegetables (you could steam frozen stuff as well). They liked Cherrios, crackers, cheese, bananas, canned fruit (no syrup), low-sodium Vienna sausages (they make those for babies too), diced boiled potatoes, diced cooked sweet potatoes. The list goes on.

I miss my babies. :-( They're such big girls now and delight in doing things like burping really loud or making sure we know that they have farted a stinky fart. So lady-like.