Monday, July 30, 2007

A tale of two neighbors

The neighbor's party yesterday was fun. I ended up making chocolate chip cookies, but I used twice as many chips as the recipe called for so they were ultra-chippy. I ended up buying the college-bound kid a Target gift card (Puffy's idea.)

They invited other neighbors, so it was a nice way to get to know more people in the neighborhood. A couple of days ago I barely knew the neighbors. Now, the lady across the street is going to give me a box of little girl winter clothes that her granddaughter has outgrown, another neighbor invited me to come pick tomatoes from her garden whenever I want (score!) and we've offered to watch another neighbor's house when they go on vacation later this year. We also got to talk to a neighbor two doors down, who is from South Africa. His family is still there, and he's trying to get visas for them to move here. He has a 2 year old daughter. I'm hoping that she might be a playmate for Lauren when she gets here.

In other not-so neighborly news: The people in the house in back of mine have parties fairly often, and they always play loud music. They usually turn it off around 11pm, which is late, but I'm not so stodgy that 11pm really bothers me. Saturday night they had a party going, and their loud music was still going strong at 2 A.M.. I AM so stodgy that 2AM is too late for loud music, especially when I could hear it loud and clear with all of my doors and windows closed, so I crossed over to the dark side, I became "that neighbor"; I called the police. On Sunday, at my next-door neighbor's party (to which back yard neighbor wasn't invited) I mentioned that I'd called. Apparently it was my turn to do so - all of the other neighbors have called the police on their loud parties at one time or another. I felt indoctrinated.

Hey, LUSHies - a new Lush store opened up at the mall nearby, so Lauren and I went there today. I bought a Sugar Rush bath bomb and a Lemony Flutter creme. I don't really NEED another beauty products obsession, but you all like it so much, I figured I'd start slowly and see if I like the products. Of course, I haven't taken a bath in over a year (just showers) so I'm not sure when I'll try my bomb. Maybe I'll talk Mr. Fro into taking baby duty this evening while I relax in the tub.

6 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

*gasp!* I so would've pointed you in another direction for the bomb. Sex bomb, Big Blue, Avobath, yep...those are my faves. I probably would have told you to try a bubble bar, though. Bathos and Karma...ahhhhhhhhhhhh. I hope you like the Lemmony Flutter. I liked it when I tried it in the store.

Wow, I'm glad you made so many connections with your neighbors! That's such great news!

frodis said...

Really - is Sugar Rush not a good one? I gave it a sniff but it was hard to tell in the store since there were a lot of competing smells. I poked around the bubble bars and some kind of jelly things, but I figured i'd start small.

I am a little worried, that if I like these things I'm going to wind up dumping a ton of money at the store - since it's only about 10 minutes from my house.

kim (weltek) said...

Can I move in with you?

Sugar rush is just really sweet smelling, and that's not my cup of tea. Some peeps like really sweet stuff, though. I'd rather eat my sugar than smell it. :-)

Puffy said...

I'm flattered. First, Kim took my advice. Now you take my advice. Who's next? Line right up.

It sounds like the neighbor's party was a success in turning the street into a real "neighborhood."

kim (weltek) said...

I'm very skeptical of the advice Puffy might start trying on us.

Schnookie said...

Wow, how nice to get to know the neighbors like that. It really helps knowing peeps will be watching out for your house.

I have yet to try any Lush products. DH is still recovering from my Bare Minerals experience LOL.